Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a 650 Coupe- American Specs

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in negotiation with a Car Dealer in Sharjah for a 650Ci Coupe model 2005 ( American Specs) and was wondering if you experts could help me out with some advise. My Questions are:

1. American Specs Vs. Gulf Specs- Is it a big difference ?

2. 2004- 2005 - 6 Series- Do they have any recurring issues which i should be on the look out for?

3. The car has a faint history with AGMC as i have seen a couple of Invoices from AGMC for services carried out.

4. What would be an acceptable purchase price, for a car in (apparent) immaculate condition.

5. When asked if I could take the car to AGMC for a check-up, the dealer did not mind, however can you suggest a place for a fully Pre-Inspection report for my peace of mind?

6. Is the 6- series a good choice?

Looking forward to your comments, as it will surely help me make a better decision.

:thanks2:

I thought the 650s started from 2006 onwards.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

The 6 Series is a very nice car.

Get the PPC done by X Service or Das Autowrks. Stay away from AGMC.
      sigpic

Comment

what is your budget? if u dont mind to tell :)
        coz one of my friend had fully tuned 2007 RD (Racing Dynamic) 650 done only 50000Km with service contract till 2013...but based on your budget ll tell you the price :D but he is asking for sure more than 170K

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
          The 6 Series is a very nice car.

Get the PPC done by X Service or Das Autowrks. Stay away from AGMC.
          Hi,

Thanks for the info. Any idea how much the PPC would cost ?

Your earlier comment did get me thinking, coz the 650 was introduced only in 2006, shall go check out the car once again today. Perhaps its a rebadged 645.

Appreciate the info

Best,

Comment

A PPC at X Service or Das should cost you less than half of what AGMC will charge you.

Plus you can rest assured that the PPC has been done porperly.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zaq View Post
              Hi Everyone,

I am currently in negotiation with a Car Dealer in Sharjah for a 650Ci Coupe model 2005 ( American Specs) and was wondering if you experts could help me out with some advise. My Questions are:

1. American Specs Vs. Gulf Specs- Is it a big difference ?

2. 2004- 2005 - 6 Series- Do they have any recurring issues which i should be on the look out for?

3. The car has a faint history with AGMC as i have seen a couple of Invoices from AGMC for services carried out.

4. What would be an acceptable purchase price, for a car in (apparent) immaculate condition.

5. When asked if I could take the car to AGMC for a check-up, the dealer did not mind, however can you suggest a place for a fully Pre-Inspection report for my peace of mind?

6. Is the 6- series a good choice?

Looking forward to your comments, as it will surely help me make a better decision.

:thanks2:
              1. I dont think there is a major difference between the American Spec and Gulf Spec. I would think its a different A/C and maybe a bigger radiator for the gulf spec ? I can tell you the cornering front lights are yellow instead of white but I dont think that matters too much to you :)
              If the car has been imported a long time ago and driven here for a while, it shouldnt be much of a problem. Usually the cars that are recently imported are the ones with accidents that have been fixed in the US and brought here.
              However, me personally I would never buy a US Spec from a dealer, maybe thats just me.

2. I am not sure but I also think the 650 production starts in 2006. While I was looking out for an 650 , I noticed plenty of them with oil leaks EVERYWHERE, serious power steering issue which have been fixed to last a couple weeks until u buy it. Also look out for gearbox, how it shifts and take a look at the break pads, disks,tyres which could save you some cash later on.

3. Check for any huge payments, in case of an accident that has been fixed at AGMC. However as many will tell you , a car with AGMC service history can be worse than a car maintained at DAS/ X Service.

4. Price varies with mileage and condition. Note that US spec is much cheaper than gulf spec. To give you a clear idea , a gulf spec 2007 , 650i convertible, with 58000 km and IMMACULATE condition was about 140 000 , 6 months ago.

5. AGMC is not worth the money. Take it to DAS/ X service where they do a better job than AGMC.

6. The 6 series is a brilliant choice, I love mine ! Drives nicely and it is damn fast. However dont consider taking people at the back too often :)

Good luck with your search , hope this helps.
              07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post

3. Check for any huge payments, in case of an accident that has been fixed at AGMC. However as many will tell you , a car with AGMC service history can be worse than a car maintained at DAS/ X Service.
                :popcorn: (where's the drinks Smilie?)
                1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                2012 Camaro SS
                2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Guys, Thanks for your advice. I decided against buying the 650 as the dealer was dodgy ( arent they all?) and it turns out the car didnt have a 'FULL' service history.

All this while i have been searching for the perfect 6 Series. I have found another and would like to hear your opinions.

645i, 2004 American Specs ( Again!!!)
                  FULL Service history
                  124,000 Kms on the clock

Immaculate condition, not a scratch on it.
                  No Leaks, no major work done.

Asking Price is around the 75k mark.

What do you think ?

Also another question i had in mind, what would be the average cost (/ annum) for maintaining a 645?

Thanks a lot

Z

Comment

Hey Zaq, I am letting mine go next month if you're interested.

Mine's a 2007 , 650 convertible with 75k on the clock, GULF specc
                    Immaculate condition, just one tyre needs to be changed which would cost you around 1500dhs.
                    Accident free FULL service history at AGMC and free service contract until April 2012.
                    Im looking for around 135k as you will not find a 6er that has been taken care of as mine.

Let me know if you're interested. The boys here can tell you more about my car.

Good luck with you search.
                    07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

check my previous post......the guy is welling to sell the beast with AED 150K if u r intrest...

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                      X