How long do your tires last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do your tires last?

Opening this thread just to get some picture how do tires last on your ride with reference to tire brands

I noticed that my rear tires worn out quite fast. I just changed to new sets of tires last Nov and only made 6000km mileage; to my surprise to tread already reach the safety line and due for change. TBH, I drive the car at moderate level all the time. Is this something usual here (since I’m new in UAE) or izzit usual for M3. The current tires I’m using now is Pirelli Pzero at the rear. My front tires looking good since I bought the car.

What about you guys? How long do your tires last?
    Last edited by HeLL-BoY; 29-03-2011, 12:19 PM. Reason: grammer change
    sigpic:evil:

Well I have a 335. My first set of tires where bridgestone and they to my surprise lasted 22000 KM. One day when i was driving fast a small piece from the rear tire got thrown out. Luck was with me and if i didn't have run flats it would have been a big problem. They weren't worn out from outside. Only the inside was worn badly. I changed to michelin and am driving for more then 20000KM and the inside is not worn out everything looks good.

I recommend the michelin.
    335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
    White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Just had a flat 2 days ago myself....Rossos last me a decent 45000km.

Comment

It really depends on the way you drive and how much torque your car has and what tyres you use.

When I had my Alpina I ran through 2 sets of PS2s on the rear every year.
        Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 29-03-2011, 12:09 PM.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
          It really depends on the way you drive and how much torque your car has and what yurts you use.
          This ^^^^^^^

On P-Zero Rosso's I got 45,000km before changing (CR8). Currently on 30,000km on Nitto NT555 and they are still good.

On another car (Accord 3.0l V6) I had Michelin and got 65,000km!
          1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
          2012 Camaro SS
          2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Interesting, on average you guys did 30,000km. Must be something wrong with my tires

Comment

Originally posted by HeLL-BoY View Post
              Interesting, on average you guys did 30,000km. Must be something wrong with my tires
              Perhaps, but it could be more to do with your RIGHT FOOT than anything.

Have you had your car's wheel alignment checked out. Perhaps you are running too much/little camber and toe?
              1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
              2012 Camaro SS
              2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
              2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Hell-boy check your rtab you prolly have bad negative camber.

Comment

Haha...i wish that it was my RIGHT foot which i could have been satisfied with at the end. But its not, like i said earlier, the drive was only moderate.

I did checked the wheel alignment last Nov when fixing the new tires, the wear off is even throughout both tires. Besides, the tire pressure is as per recommended. Perhaps will check again on the alignment.

What about other factors like tire manufacted date?

Well, any other experience from different tire brands especially for M series car..

Comment

its not the tire it's your car... get your trail arms checked first. if there is inner tire wear this means you prolly have negative cambers. your allignment might have been right when you got the tires on, but if the rtabs are worn the car will open up just as it's being used.

if your rtabs are new tell your wheel guy to get a small torch or light and to look at the end of the trailing arm that connects with your subframe, there are 2 small black bushings that rarely get screwed, on connects to the top and the other is in the bottom. he will be able to identify that.

if those 2 small ones are good then you probably have a play in your subframe. and you can easily tell from the way the car moves from one gear to another.

Comment

His car had a lot of play when I tested it a few months back...

Comment

Thanks Bruno for the insights, rtabs something new for me and will look into that...probably will try to drive under full acceleration and see if the car does pull to one side...
                        Any experience due to rtabs?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                          His car had a lot of play when I tested it a few months back...
                          Yup..you should know better on this...seems like something to do with the rear bush
                          Last edited by HeLL-BoY; 29-03-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I have toyo set on my e46 for more than 2 years now, I drive more than 100klm everyday. but I think it's time for new set.

Comment

I have potenza RE050-I on my bmw z4 35i . first set lasted me about 20,000 kms, and they wore out from the inside (all 4). Seems wore out generally or due to alignment problem

S

Comment

Working...
                              X