Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

330ci 2003 Engine shaking + Remote proplem

hey guys

I bought my car "330ci 2003" less than 2 mons ago..

Yesterday I tried to open my car with remote but it didn't work..I opened it by key and tried again to close by remote but it didn't work too ?!!

At the same time..After I turned on the car by 3 or 4 mins, the engine started shaking or such as vibrating..I really get shocked..I changed the engine oil, oil filter and spark plugs a week ago..

why the remote issue and engine shaking happened at the same time ???

Not sure if the remote and shaking is related.

If the engine started shaking a while after starting up, it might be because it is mis-firing.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

try checking ur ignition coils..one of them might be faulty

Past Ride: E39 530i
      Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
      Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Does the engine mount cause this shaking ???

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_LORD View Post
          Does the engine mount cause this shaking ???
          Indeed! But it should shake from the moment you start the engine.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Does it shake while idling? Or while driving? How does it drive underperforming or still performing like it used to? The remote is not related though

Diognose it and read the codes to begin with...

Comment

If it would be the mount, wouldnt it gradually get worse ? It cant just start shaking one day. Again just my opinion no expert :)

For the remote, stupid question but happen to me before, have you tried the batteries ?:D
              07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Engines misfiring causes:

- Sparks and coils. You need to connect the car to a scanner and see if one, few, or all the cylinders are misfiring. If all are misfiring, try a throttle and engine adaptations. Should take care of it. If the misfiring returns, check again how many cylinders are misfiring. You will want to check the spark plugs torque specs, coils wires for stripping or looseness, and finally the ECU wiring harness going into the coils. Engine mounts would cause such vibration, but should be gone or way less when it's put on neutral.

If you see black smoke coming out of the exhaust when revving, then injectors would need to be calibrated and flow tested.

If all fails, which is VERY common on the M54 engine, then your ECU will need to be updated or changed.

Hope this helps.

Comment

The problem has been solved

The "ADJUST UNIT" caused this vibration..this unit is connected between the engine and air mass..it costs 480 Dhs..

for the remote problem..I need to change the lock door..coz when i open with remote it opens the right door only..so that i have to change the left lock..what the specialized told me to do..

Comment

Working...
                  X