Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should the engines oil level be? At Max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should the engines oil level be? At Max?

Hello All
    I hate AGMC.
    I have never gone there and came out a happy man. The lastest problem I have is this. I went there for any oil change, and when i recived my car I checked the oil level before even taking it out and saw it was below MAX (about 75%). I went back and told them to full it up .

The adviser told my you have a sport car this that bal bah bah. I recommend you to NOT add oil. I told him add oil. Now they added oil but he kept on telling the guy don't put to much it only needs a little. And check the oil level it was the same the second time they add oil but VERY little it was still the same. The adviser told me that in 1000km the car will recheck the oil it won't show that the same time and after a drive it will be above the MAX and you have to come back and ask me to remove the extra oil.I believe they have not put enough oil and the sensor is real time. I mean every 10,000 they add 1 liter of oil and it takes them 5 mins the reading from my car says MAX when i get my car and check it.

What i think is that my sensor does not work or they didn't add enough oil to reach MAX. My car has no Dip stick all i have is the computer. So what do you people think.

this is what my car says
    Last edited by mn07; 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM.
    335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
    White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

As these cars no longer have a dip stick, you rely on the digital readout. You should've asked them about the quantity they poured in, as in "how many liters have you used?". These quantities are specified by the TIS "Technical Information System" for individual cars.

In the S85 motors (V10), the sensor takes some time to give out the correct readout. Mind you that what you see on the screen is the "top up" level and not the entire oil quantity that's there. So if it's reading "zero", then that means it's down a liter or so and it's time to top up.

Comment

I added a pic ^^^^^

You know I add oil every 5-8000 km. When they add and i check it at the same time it always says Max.
      Last edited by mn07; 10-03-2011, 05:06 PM.
      335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
      White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

You are slightly below the maximum level Which is not a critical issue. Don't tell me your next service is after another 25,000 kms? :D

Comment

its 28000km that changes by the way you drive. I know it not important. BUT after a service or oil change they have to at least make it MAX. And not have a debut with the customer when he says you did not do you job correctly.

Comment

You want them to weigh in the oil?! That's literally a few milliliters missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Mind you that what you see on the screen is the "top up" level and not the entire oil quantity that's there. So if it's reading "zero", then that means it's down a liter or so and it's time to top up.
              +1

The same in my car, you are 75% of one liter, which means you are not missing much, my reading varies depending on my driving, if im flooring it increases, i dont maybe the oil boils in there hahaha.
              Meskovic
              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

The point I am trying to make is when anyone give there car for service (oil change) they should get their car back with oil level at MAX.
                Not almost Max.

And when you tell them is not MAX they should top it up.
                Not tell the owner of the car that 75% is the best and is better the MAX.

I was try to find that who is right MAX or 75%.
                Maybe i am wrong or maybe they were trying to cover up.
                Last edited by mn07; 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

ok
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Very interesting!
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                    X