Help from experts in 330ci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help from experts in 330ci

I bought my new BMW 330ci 2003 before 20 days ago ..I have some questions & I need support from experts please..

1- How to Reset Service Indicator ? "I tried to do it but i think its was in wrong way"

2- When should I change the oil and which is the best type ? "further more It shows me 3500 km in the screen now"

3- Is there any option OR way to know the spark plugs, brakes and other parts age ?

1. There's a manual reset method but I don't recall it now.

2. Oil change should be around 7000-8000km. Use BMW's oil.

3. Brakes can be inspected without removal. Spark plugs need to be taken out and inspected.

Comment

Service reset!

Originally posted by BMW_LORD View Post
      I bought my new BMW 330ci 2003 before 20 days ago ..I have some questions & I need support from experts please..

1- How to Reset Service Indicator ? "I tried to do it but i think its was in wrong way"

•Place the key in the ignition, but do not turn it to accessory or on positions.

Push the odometer/trip reset button on the instrument panel. While holding the button in, turn the ignition key one click to the first position.

Hold the button in until the words "Oil Service" or "Inspection" appear with the word "Reset" on the information display center. If the word "Reset" does not appear on the display, the E46 has not reached the minimum consumption limit (mileage/consumption interval) and resetting the light cannot take place.

Press and hold the odometer/trip reset button again until the word "Reset" begins to blink rapidly.

Press the odometer/trip button one last time until the words "End SIA" appears on the display.

2- When should I change the oil and which is the best type ? "further more It shows me 3500 km in the screen now"

3- Is there any option OR way to know the spark plugs, brakes and other parts age ?
      Question 2 and 3 is what Mr Ayham mentioned!

Hope this helps

Comment

hey guys..

The word "reset" appears but its not blinking..i tried too many times..
        & one more point when the reset appears on the screen there are pins from 1 to 20, and when I put pin # 2 and pressed the odometer all signals on the dashboard flashes ?!!

I think every pin refer to something for example "engine, battery, tyres"

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_LORD View Post
          hey guys..

The word "reset" appears but its not blinking..i tried too many times..
          & one more point when the reset appears on the screen there are pins from 1 to 20, and when I put pin # 2 and pressed the odometer all signals on the dashboard flashes ?!!

I think every pin refer to something for example "engine, battery, tyres"
          When reset appears release the tacho button and press again and hold for a few seconds and thats it!

Comment

i get the guys at BMW in musaffah or abudhabi motors to reset the meter every time i go in for servicing, but they reset my meter for 25000 kms,

it usually need a top up around the 8-9K mark though, a minor service at 20,000 and a major after another 20,000.

i'd go with ayham for the brakes bit

Comment

i get the guys at BMW in musaffah or abudhabi motors to reset the meter every time i go in for servicing, but they reset my meter for 25000 kms,

it usually need a top up around the 8-9K mark though, a minor service at 20,000 and a major after another 20,000.

i'd go with ayham for the brakes bit

Comment

Working...
              X