Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported cars from Japan

hi guys,
    i am looking to buy another car, of course a BMW and i like the ones brought from Japan, they look very good and after seeing a few they seem to be in a very good condition mechanically speaking and not only. Does any of you knows anything about it? Are all the cars from Japan brought here LHD or have they been converted from RHD to LHD? because i don't think i would buy a converted one, i doubt it they did a good job. What risks are if buying one? i know i would have to pay a 5% customs tax and that's pretty much all i know, i have no idea how it is with the registration, if any modification have to be made, e.t.c....
    '09 RS6 V10 BiTurbo - current
    '08 BMW 540i Mpack - sold
    '04 Audi RS6 - sold
    '01 Audi A8 D2 4.2 - sold
    '06 BMW 750Li - sold
    '05 BMW X5 4.8is Blue Le Mans - sold
    '12 Golf GTi DSG Superchips stage 1 - sold
    '11 Passat 1.8T DSG - sold
    '01 540i M-pack - sold
    '08 Cayenne Turbo - sold
    '09 Porsche Cayenne - sold
    '04 Audi RS6 ABT - sold
    '04 VW Phaeton - sold
    SLK 230K - sold
    E46 330i -sold
    E46 330i M-Pack - sold
    Jaguar X-type - sold

Originally posted by mik15 View Post
    hi guys,
    i am looking to buy another car, of course a BMW and i like the ones brought from Japan, they look very good and after seeing a few they seem to be in a very good condition mechanically speaking and not only. Does any of you knows anything about it? Are all the cars from Japan brought here LHD or have they been converted from RHD to LHD? because i don't think i would buy a converted one, i doubt it they did a good job. What risks are if buying one? i know i would have to pay a 5% customs tax and that's pretty much all i know, i have no idea how it is with the registration, if any modification have to be made, e.t.c....
    My e36 M3 evo came from japan, not all japan have RHD, some ares in Japan have LHD. i never had any problem with the car being from japan
    sigpic

My signature photo says it all!!!

Comment

did you imported yourself or did you buy it from a dealer? if from a dealer could you please give me an address or location. What is the process in order to register it? what do i have to watch out for?
      Thx!
      '04 Audi RS6 - sold
      '06 BMW 750Li - sold
      '01 540i M-pack - sold
      '08 Cayenne Turbo - sold
      '04 Audi RS6 ABT - sold
      '04 VW Phaeton - sold
      SLK 230K - sold
      E46 330i -sold
      E46 330i M-Pack - sold
      Jaguar X-type - sold

Comment

did you imported yourself or did you buy it from a dealer? if from a dealer could you please give me an address or location. What is the process in order to register it? what do i have to watch out for?
        Thx!
        I didnt import it myself, neither it was a dealer. it was a local guy who is working in ADNOC and had a training in Japan and brought the car with him when he came back to UAE. to register it they have to check the car and give a certificate that it comply with GCC specs (which is easy and will be done in 5 minutes). watch out for mileage and make sure that the dealer didnt play with it, they always say japan cars are not much driven and they sometimes lower the mileage of the car they are selling. when you buy the car, check the water tempreture valve and make sure it isnt 87 degrees ( as i remember), it has to be something that oppens before 80 degrees (which is something very easy to do) and your done.
        sigpic

My signature photo says it all!!!

Comment

Japanese BMWs here in Dubai, are really clean but a bit pricey( Japanese Auctions ), I myself was looking for E39s and E46s with :///M: sport package, but either the price stops me, or some mechanical work.

85% from them are accident free, and real mileage( mainly very low mileage ), but watch out for :

- Oil leaks ( Engine, Gearbox, Diff, Steering...etc )
          - Suspension.
          - Weired engine sounds ( Vanos sometimes ).
          - Radiators.
          - Windows rubber.

^ Those what came into my mind for now, I guess there are more....

Good luck ! :)
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

also rust ;)

Comment

Talk to member "Meskovic", he's one of the biggest JDM spec BMW importers in the country, his inventory is drool-worthy.

Comment

do you have a phone number? i tried at the one from his office but no answer.
                Thx.
                '04 Audi RS6 - sold
                '06 BMW 750Li - sold
                '01 540i M-pack - sold
                '08 Cayenne Turbo - sold
                '04 Audi RS6 ABT - sold
                '04 VW Phaeton - sold
                SLK 230K - sold
                E46 330i -sold
                E46 330i M-Pack - sold
                Jaguar X-type - sold

Comment

do you have a phone number? i tried at the one from his office but no answer.
                  Thx.
                  Will pass him the word, he'll get back and update the thread with some info soon..

Comment

finally bought a car but a few conclusions on the japanese car market in Ducamz, i saw there quite a few very nice BMW's, most of them 320i and 323i, i didn't see any 325i or 330i, the condition is indeed very good or at least that is what it looks like, no dents, the paint and all plastics look very good, clean interiors, these would be the good parts compared with most of the local cars, the bad parts would be the mileage, i am not saying that all have been played, but anyway, many have, saw a 740i 2001 model and the dealer said it only has 70k km but beside the fact that on the cluster there was the red dot(meaning it has been played with it) the condition didn't look at all as for 70k km, then the dealers who simply inspired me no confidence and last but not least, the prices, which are in 90% of the cases way to high, e.g. a 320i 2001 model was asking for 35k AED and the car had really no options except for climatronic, was looking very clean but c'mon...cheapest one i was able to find was a 323i 2000 model with M-pack for 26k, was the lowest he was willing to sell it from 28k. In the end, yes, you can find good cars there but must be very careful, if you know your way with BMW you can make a good deal!
                    '04 Audi RS6 - sold
                    '06 BMW 750Li - sold
                    '01 540i M-pack - sold
                    '08 Cayenne Turbo - sold
                    '04 Audi RS6 ABT - sold
                    '04 VW Phaeton - sold
                    SLK 230K - sold
                    E46 330i -sold
                    E46 330i M-Pack - sold
                    Jaguar X-type - sold

Comment

Yup !
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Hi guys! I own a 320i 2005 with Mpackage imported from Japan. The car is in excelent conditions, when i bought it it had only 53km. And you can tell, the conditions of the interior are inmaculate, very difficult to find in dubai. Now that i read your post i realised that cars in japan are RHD but this one has no signs of modification so i guess its been always LHD, interesting fact.
                        The conclusiuon from my side beeing an owner of an imported bimmer is that they are highly recommended. Of course you have to be aware of all the things mention above but once you make sure all of those are ok you are fine. Japanese are obsesive people, they take very well care of all what they own, and cars are not an exception :)

Comment

Working...
                        X