Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome bro :D

Comment

What the hell are you guys talking about, the car goes sideways because of the HP the car has. Just learn to feather the gas peddle when you take of and then coilovers to improve cornering.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
      KW Coilovers V3
      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
        What the hell are you guys talking about, the car goes sideways because of the HP the car has. Just learn to feather the gas peddle when you take of and then coilovers to improve cornering.
        :msolved:

However, I was hoping that stiffer sway bars would help keep the car staright.

I guess I was terribly wrong on this one. :lol:
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Sway bars are used to remove understeer in the car (but you must know how to set it up, otherwise you will get too much oversteer which is sometime dangerous if you don't know what you are doing when driving hard through corners)...RD Sport sway bars are not good.... much heavier than stock which is not a good thing... Apparently they released a new version that is lighter... Best sway bars is the Dinan, which use the same front stock sway bar and replaces the end links a complete new rear sway bar... but good luck getting them, I have tried for a couple of times contact Dinan directly for them and they wouldn't help at all.

In terms of tyre sizes, I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (semi slicks) 265 fronts and 305 rears with no problems whatsoever (my car is lowered on Eibach Springs)
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Thanks Rami

Are you running these tyres on stock rims?

I am not sure about Dinan.

The product info on RD says the bars are lighter than stock. Setting up is no issue, I have a few friends with good track experience.
            sigpic

Comment

Not stock rims... Like I said regarding the RD sways, these are probably version 2, as the first version were heavier than the stock... From what I have read on the M5board, a lot of people are recommending the Dinan sways
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

im with ptrolhead about what he said, IMO lower it by using only the spring (eibach FTW) with dinan sway bar! dont go with coilovers coz EDC ll bye bye and good luck

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

OT: Mind me asking petrolhead, are you running the Eibachs on stock shocks ? From what I heard, with time it would kill the stock shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                    Not stock rims... Like I said regarding the RD sways, these are probably version 2, as the first version were heavier than the stock... From what I have read on the M5board, a lot of people are recommending the Dinan sways
                    Thanks Rami! I respect your opinion, but here is my feeling for the M5Board.

Most of the people on M5Board recommend Dinan because it is Ammerican. M5Board in general is very biased, racist and full of BS and lies. I discount everything on M5Board related to Ammerican suppliers and owners by at least 60% and then compare it with the rest of the world.

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                    im with ptrolhead about what he said, IMO lower it by using only the spring (eibach FTW) with dinan sway bar! dont go with coilovers coz EDC ll bye bye and good luck
                    Thanks Eyad!

I really don't want to lower my car. I cannot live in the Springs/Meadows/Emirates Hills area with a lowered car.

However, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Mr. Alquazi is correct. Sway bars or coilovers will help with cornering and everything, but they shall be of little or no use at launch.

I guess Hassan gave the best advice and the next shoes will surely be semi slick in nature. Unless ofcourse someone comes along and tells me otherwise. :lol:

My heartfely gratitude to everyone! :thanks2:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                      Thanks Rami! I respect your opinion, but here is my feeling for the M5Board.

Most of the people on M5Board recommend Dinan because it is Ammerican. M5Board in general is very biased, racist and full of BS and lies. I discount everything on M5Board related to Ammerican suppliers and owners by at least 60% and then compare it with the rest of the world.

I totally disagree with with you on this. The M5board is one of the best on the web, the members there are form all over the world and most of the information on there is the only one I trust. Gustav, the founding member is European and would not risk ruining the forums reputation to market a us company.
                      The only thing bad anyone can say about Dinan, is that they are expensive. The reason their products cost more than others is because of all the R&D they do before they release a new product and because of the way they stand behind their products. If I had the money, I would only use Dinan mods on my car.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                      Schrick cams
                      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                      KW Coilovers V3
                      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

i disagree with both of you guys

it is neither full of BS nor very objective

something in between...

but no one can deny the fact that it is very very useful

telling this as a member of it since 2002

Comment

Pathy, you NEED sway bars. I told you this a million times. I've seen how your car corners and I drove it myself. You need a set....

Hassan Shaikh, "Sway Bars for Dummies" says this:

"A sway bar acts in the same way when you twist a bread bun, the softer the bun the more it twist under a certain twisting load. The more stale, hence stiffer, the less it twists under the same load."

Therefore, sway bars only work when there's a lateral weight transfer.

Comment

Simply put by El Presidente. Sways have nothing to do with your acceleration at all. Anti roll bars can be from a couple mm thicker than OEM upto fully adjustable race units with poly bushes.

What you need is not anti roll bars. You need better tires as Pathfinder stated, maby changes the wheels while you're at it.

Coilovers are a definite plus and they're not as harsh as you think, I've driven your car before and it's not much softer than my featherweight E36 on coilovers. My opinion is switch to coilovers because they will stiffen the car up in both cornering and straight line braking/acceleration. You're car will not "squat" as much when you hit the gas pedal and therefore keep as much of your rear suspension together at launches. Same thing when braking. And, don't forget that some coilover kits are not just height adjustable, they're bound/rebound (stiffness) adjustable as well.

So, you're not really loosing the point of EDC.

Stiffness is adjusted on the fly with a knob on each damper and height is with a pair of wrenches included with the kit, only tire removal is required. You can set your ride height to street/daily and the day before track, adjust it the way you want.
                            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                              I totally disagree with with you on this. The M5board is one of the best on the web, the members there are form all over the world and most of the information on there is the only one I trust. Gustav, the founding member is European and would not risk ruining the forums reputation to market a us company.
                              The only thing bad anyone can say about Dinan, is that they are expensive. The reason their products cost more than others is because of all the R&D they do before they release a new product and because of the way they stand behind their products. If I had the money, I would only use Dinan mods on my car.
                              Perhaps I have been unfortunate in my experience.

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                              i disagree with both of you guys

it is neither full of BS nor very objective

something in between...

but no one can deny the fact that it is very very useful

telling this as a member of it since 2002
                              :whathesaid:

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                              Hassan Shaikh, "Sway Bars for Dummies" says this:

"A sway bar acts in the same way when you twist a bread bun, the softer the bun the more it twist under a certain twisting load. The more stale, hence stiffer, the less it twists under the same load."

Therefore, sway bars only work when there's a lateral weight transfer.
                              Got it. Thanks Mr. President.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                                Simply put by El Presidente. Sways have nothing to do with your acceleration at all. Anti roll bars can be from a couple mm thicker than OEM upto fully adjustable race units with poly bushes.

What you need is not anti roll bars. You need better tires as Pathfinder stated, maby changes the wheels while you're at it.

Coilovers are a definite plus and they're not as harsh as you think, I've driven your car before and it's not much softer than my featherweight E36 on coilovers. My opinion is switch to coilovers because they will stiffen the car up in both cornering and straight line braking/acceleration. You're car will not "squat" as much when you hit the gas pedal and therefore keep as much of your rear suspension together at launches. Same thing when braking. And, don't forget that some coilover kits are not just height adjustable, they're bound/rebound (stiffness) adjustable as well.

So, you're not really loosing the point of EDC.

Stiffness is adjusted on the fly with a knob on each damper and height is with a pair of wrenches included with the kit, only tire removal is required. You can set your ride height to street/daily and the day before track, adjust it the way you want.
                                Thanks Mate! :thanks2:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X