Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Z4 2.5SI Sport questions

Hello everyone,

Just recently joined this website as I'm planning to get a Z4 in the coming summer and had a couple of questions.

Firstly, My question is that what sort of price can I expect to pay for a 2007 Z4 2.5SI Sport during summer time?

I know there are many variables involved but I just wanted to get a rough idea with average mileage. My budget would be AED 60-70ish k.

Secondly, how is the ride quality with M Sport Suspension and 18inch wheels on Dubai roads (I currently have an Alfa Romeo 147 on 17s)? This will potentially be my daily driver (work/fun etc.) though there will be comfy back-up cars at home on the rare occasion I may need it.

Lastly, how does a soft-top cope with the high temperatures here in U.A.E as I have never owned a soft-top ever before.

Any input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

A low mileage 2.5Si is going for the 55K range. The Z4 Roadster is not a comfortable car, so don't kid yourself there. Suspension or rims won't make it that much worse. Soft top is a soft top, takes longer to cool the car and no time to lose it when the AC is off. However, it being a small cockpit, you won't face a lot of trouble there...

Comment

Considering how good the A/C these cars have, I wount worry about it too much tbh. I have a soft top and never faced any issue with heat, I have however been driving it only since oct, so dunno whats it like during summer.
      07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
        A low mileage 2.5Si is going for the 55K range. The Z4 Roadster is not a comfortable car, so don't kid yourself there. Suspension or rims won't make it that much worse.
        55k! Thats quite a decent price.

Also, I read that switching to conventional tires (non-run flats) make a considerable improvement in ride quality. Any input on that?

The only thing stopping me from taking the plunge is the ride quality. Unfortunately haven't had a change to test drive one.

Originally posted by Rady View Post
        I have a soft top and never faced any issue with heat, I have however been driving it only since oct, so dunno whats it like during summer.
        That sounds alright. Its the hot temperatures I'm concerned about.
        Last edited by red4life; 14-02-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

heres my take as a new Z4 owner, Caroline dosent come with run flats, the ride is still very hard, i travel at 5 mph over uneven surfaces and 1 mph over speed bumps in JLT :) I would go for the 3.0i at least if i were you.
          Current:
          E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Run flats are the worst when it comes to ride quality when I swapped them over with usual normal ones the entire driving experience changed.

My soft top experience was ok except for the dust and noise level

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

I do get the feeling that the Z4 isn't best for the run-around. I may get flamed for posting this here, but how is the Audi TT (2008) roadster soft-top and overall everyday drive-ability compared to the Z4?

Comment

Audi or BMW won't make much of a difference. A convertible is a convertible. With a harsh winter spanning at least 8 months a year, you shall not be able to drive around with the roof down without inconvenience.
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

TT is a good car, but you're at the dealer's mercy then, unlike the massive community you have here to help out.

Comment

Working...
                  X