Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 M5 mod ideas

Hi guys,

So im most probably getting a M5 finally.

Mod ideas:

Now:
    Foiled matte black roof, CF foiled kidney grills, rear wing and diffuser
    Paint rims in Matteblack/Gray
    Eisenmann catback
    Lower bumper grill with brake duct holes - 150USD from modbargains
    Roof spoiler - 110USD from modbargains
    Matte black M5 badge - 40USD from modbargains
    Lower bumper splitters - 70USD from DDM (anyone know any other?)
    Short shifter (Thinking B&M since I had one in the M3 and its cheapest and ideas?) - 195USD from TMS
    Alpina replica wing - NO IDEA FROM WHERE??????

Later:
    TMS power pulley kit - 250USD from TMS (good idea???? not sure)
    AFE intake - 495USD from modbargains (again good idea??? not sure)
    19inch CSL style rims - 215USD from modbargains
    Diffuser - Still undecided from whom
    Brake upgrade (when I need to change the brakes)
    Suspension upgrade (mmmm still thinking)

So what do you guys think? Feel free to comment with ideas on performance which are not toooo costly, want to keep the car relatively stock even with its looks
    Current:
    2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
    2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
    1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
    1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

so I take it u've bought the car?! oh and congrats on the new avatar ;)
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

find my comments below

Originally posted by Naj View Post
      Hi guys,

Mod ideas:

Now:
      Foiled matte black roof, CF foiled kidney grills, rear wing and diffuser
      Paint rims in Matteblack/Gray
      Eisenmann catback
      Lower bumper grill with brake duct holes - 150USD from modbargains (useless and ugly) keep it clean
      Short shifter (Thinking B&M since I had one in the M3 and its cheapest and ideas?) - 195USD from TMS (i Have one in the M5 breaker, if you want take it)

Later:
      TMS power pulley kit - 250USD from TMS (good idea???? not sure) Useless save your money
      AFE intake - 495USD from modbargains (again good idea??? not sure) useless save your money
      19inch CSL style rims - 215USD from modbargains
      Suspension upgrade (mmmm still thinking) although i hate the KWs but they are very sweet, totally changed how the car drives
      So what do you guys think? Feel free to comment with ideas on performance which are not toooo costly, want to keep the car relatively stock even with its looks

for the ones that i told you that they are useless, if you are willing to wait, go with an Alfa-N setup with the evolve intake system and a tune. this combination is the best out there in the intake department, don't waste your time go with stupid and expensive products.

the pulleys are useless, the best recommendation in that field is that go with an electric fan. that thing will reduce load on your engine and when combined with a lightened flywheel will even make your car rev better.

Comment

Originally posted by Naj View Post
        Hi guys,

Mod ideas:

Now:
        Foiled matte black roof, CF foiled kidney grills, rear wing and diffuser Not the spoiler though, it'll mimic the whole Honda Civic two tone crap.
        Paint rims in Matteblack/GrayGo for BBS RS/LM or something else. Don't matt them, it'll look like brake dust!
        Eisenmann catback
        Lower bumper grill with brake duct holes - 150USD from modbargainsIf they function for brake cooling, maby.
        Roof spoiler - 110USD from modbargainsNO!
        Lower bumper splitters - 70USD from DDM (anyone know any other?)The car's Blue dude, they'd barely show.
        Short shifter (Thinking B&M since I had one in the M3 and its cheapest and ideas?) - 195USD from TMSUUC EVO3 with DSSR FTW!! Try Qassims car, he's running one.

Later:
        19inch CSL style rims - 215USD from modbargains E46M3 CSL wheels do not belong on an E39M5, I'm surprised you even thought of that!
        Brake upgrade (when I need to change the brakes) Pads, SS lines and oil. Carbotech/Goodridge|TMS/MotulRBF600 respectively.
        Suspension upgrade (mmmm still thinking) As Burno stated, go coilovers once and for all, bushes as well.

If you can shed some weight, that's always a plus.
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

headers... the best mod for S62, forget about the rest

Comment

Congratulations on the M5.

Comment

Bruno, I shall steal your shortshifter and replace yours with my original one.. thank you!

As for the rest of you thank you, we all differ in our taste of modifications.. lets see what happens..
              Current:

Past ///M's:
              2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                If you can shed some weight, that's always a plus.
                Unlike you, some people feel the need to keep their backseats and door panels :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ramzi View Post
                  Unlike you, some people feel the need to keep their backseats and door panels :P
                  Baba, when you become a member of the sub-1200KG club, you can talk!
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I am looking to shed weight and maybe remove some sound dendening material which the car is loaded with
                    Current:

Past ///M's:

Comment

Now:
                      Foiled matte black roof, CF foiled kidney grills, rear wing and diffuser Which Kidney grills????? e39 dont have Kidney grills and DO NOT need them
                      Paint rims in Matteblack/Gray (on the le mans blue take gunmetal
                      Eisenmann catback It has Reuter :) Get an x pipe
                      Lower bumper grill with brake duct holes - 150USD from modbargains
                      Short shifter (Thinking B&M since I had one in the M3 and its cheapest and ideas?) - 195USD from TMS
                      Alpina replica wing - NO IDEA FROM WHERE?????? No wing please

Later:
                      19inch CSL style rims - 215USD from modbargains Pleas NOT! Get BBS Le mans or Replicas
                      Suspension upgrade (mmmm still thinking)

Last but not least.. do all this and i buy it back from you for 50K :) So it comes back under my hands again.. HAHAH

Oi.. and let me know when you finally have it.. cant wait to see the current condition of it...
                      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                      Dubai Investment Park 2
                      The Curve Building Complex
                      Warehouse No.1
                      P.O Box 28638
                      Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                      Office: +97148830851
                      Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                      Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                      Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

+ 1 on the headers.
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Headers = Looking behind me constantly for cops.. NO THANKS!
                          Current:

Past ///M's:

Comment

with your current aftermarket cans it will be loud as F*** with your stock cans it should sound rather decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              with your current aftermarket cans it will be loud as F*** with your stock cans it should sound rather decent.
                              exactly

headers, SS X pipe, stock cans... ECU tuning also... :shisha:

Comment

Working...
                              X