Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franchise Dealer

Franchise Dealer
    Why you are now not compelled to use a main franchise dealer for servicing and warranty repairs.
    The 'Block Exemption' Clause
    You may have heard about Block Exemption or seen adverts mentioning it - here’s the truth...
    The European carried out an investigation in the 1990s into Cartels, restrictive practices and anti-competition tactics by major manufacturers in many types of business. The law was subsequently changed to prevent these practices and open up the markets. The dear old motor industry was given a temporary reprieve from these new laws - the Block Exemption.
    However, in October 2003, the Block Exemption was lifted (despite strenuous lobbying by the motor industry).
    So, what does it mean?
    The important issues are:
    Your car can be serviced wherever you choose, as long as the manufacturers recommendations are followed and here’s the best bit - THE MANUFACTURER’S OR USED CAR WARRANTY CANNOT BE INVALIDATED.
    If anybody (e.g. Dealer salesmen) suggest that a vehicle is devalued because it has not been dealer maintained, they could actually be breaking the law!! If you can provide certification(Senior BMW Tchnicians) of the work is of the manufacturer’s standard.
    And there you have it... I suppose that you can see why the dealers are trying to keep this information secret.
    This Clause Should also apply in the UAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a bit of a longshot for the UAE, but if this gains enough momentum it should work.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Thanks for the info Shak.

sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I guarantee this law will never apply in the UAE!! there are too many influences that will block it... its a brilliant law to be honest but unfortunately one we cannot benefit from!
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Giving the dealer and law enforcers a break here, for a change. While people trust places like Das and X, I can clearly see the mess this will create when half-a$$ing Sharjah shops jump this band wagon. Can you pause for a minute and think of the creative arguments they will raise?? You will have to be an Arabic speaker to appreciate my concern here!

Comment

This 'Block Exemption' Clause only applies to BMW Certified Senior Technicans like my self and not any Tom,D1ck or Harry and certainly not the so called Sharjah back street garages who are definatly not BMW Certified!

Mr Wolfgang at AGMC is well aware of this clause,so lets see what he say's when I will see him next week regarding this matter!

No harm in trying guy's.

Comment

Go get them Shak!

Let us know what happens.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                I guarantee this law will never apply in the UAE!! there are too many influences that will block it... its a brilliant law to be honest but unfortunately one we cannot benefit from!
                Arbab of the subject gave his speech

thats it

Comment

Working...
                X