BMW E60 bluetooth passkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW E60 bluetooth passkey

Hey guys.. quick question. So I got the iphone 4 but of course can't seem to remember the passkey for bluetooth. How would I find this out the 4-digit code? Or is there a way to reset it?

my passkey was actually in the telecommunications booklet in the car. Sorry I can't be of more use... must be a way to find out the passkey from Autologic or GT1.

Anything Shak? he's our resident expert on such things
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Pass code can be reset by restoring the iphone to its original factory settings..

Check the below link to see the steps you need to reset:

How to Reset an iPhone Passcode

Comment

mmm..i didnt face this issue when i bought my M5 E60 and paired Sony Ericsson with car bluetooth! only they ask to enter the passcode key (4 digits) but both should be same...i mean the passcode key u entered in the device should be same as the one entered in the phone when its asked. this wht i faced. hope its same wht u looking for.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I might be wrong but the pass key for bluetooth isnt a a defined one that you use it all the time when u pair your phone with another phone/car/etc.
          Every single time u are pairing your phone , a bluetooth pass key has to be SET from your phone so when you are pairing it with your car for example, you will have to enter the same pass key in your car.
          I am not 100% sure though but i think its like this.
          07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jiv View Post
            Hey guys.. quick question. So I got the iphone 4 but of course can't seem to remember the passkey for bluetooth. How would I find this out the 4-digit code? Or is there a way to reset it?
            Hi Jiv,

The passkey can be retreaved (in 10 min) by interigating the ULF via a diagnostic tool,this is the only way thats if you have lost the passkey card!
            Drop me a call **********.
            shak.

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
              I might be wrong but the pass key for bluetooth isnt a a defined one that you use it all the time when u pair your phone with another phone/car/etc.
              Every single time u are pairing your phone , a bluetooth pass key has to be SET from your phone so when you are pairing it with your car for example, you will have to enter the same pass key in your car.
              I am not 100% sure though but i think its like this.
              Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              mmm..i didnt face this issue when i bought my M5 E60 and paired Sony Ericsson with car bluetooth! only they ask to enter the passcode key (4 digits) but both should be same...i mean the passcode key u entered in the device should be same as the one entered in the phone when its asked. this wht i faced. hope its same wht u looking for.

The guys are right ,, there is no static pass code ,, every time you pair a phone with your car , anyway , make it too short for you ,, : try using 0000 ,,, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                The guys are right ,, there is no static pass code ,, every time you pair a phone with your car , anyway , make it too short for you ,, : try using 0000 ,,, good luck
                maybe on the new systems u can reset it... mine needs the exact one from BMW
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

in the newer models of cars , pairing your phone with the car is like pairing your phone with your computer ,, there is no static pass code ,, you choose one and you will have to make sure you entered it right on both devices ...

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                    my passkey was actually in the telecommunications booklet in the car. Sorry I can't be of more use... must be a way to find out the passkey from Autologic or GT1.

Anything Shak? he's our resident expert on such things
                    BTW : I can change it for you if needed :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                      in the newer models of cars , pairing your phone with the car is like pairing your phone with your computer ,, there is no static pass code ,, you choose one and you will have to make sure you entered it right on both devices ...
                      yeah that's how my M6 was

Comment

Sorry guys, I've been out of town for a few days! Thanks everyone for all your advice. The 0000 passkey worked perfectly! Appreciate all the help!!

Comment

good that its sorted out :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                          X