Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptive headlights failure

Dear club members

Looking forward to your expert opinion on my problem. I own a 06 330i. Recently i drove over a speed hump at high speed (not deliberately of course) and since then i have this cornering light failure indication on my dash. I also noticed that my headlights are not moving with the steering. I checked the fuses but i think the problem is bigger. I may have broken a motor or something in the headlights or the steering sensor. Does anyone else have a similar problem. Is there a DIY i can refer to ? Your input would be valuable

Thanks
    Arsalan

when u switch on the head light did the vertical aim control working?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

No they dont. They are totally frozen. However Ive noticed that the cornering light failure warning does not come as soon as you start the car. It comes after a few minutes of driving. Is that significant ?

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If I'm not mistaken it's one of those sensors attached to ur suspension that reads the car level. If it doesn't read anything your lights won't auto level... But then I might be wrong. Get it diagnosed with a diognoatic tool to confirm.

Contact das autoworks at 0506527722 Ayham

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If I'm not mistaken it's one of those sensors attached to ur suspension that reads the car level. If it doesn't read anything your lights won't auto level... But then I might be wrong. Get it diagnosed with a diognoatic tool to confirm.

Contact das autoworks at 0506527722 Ayham
          As Bruno said there is a AL sensor fitted to your suspension drop links,there is a REGULATING ROD connected to the sensor wich normaly pops of the suspension drop arm.Its simple to pop back on,just hope you haven't damaged any wiring or the sensor.Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
            As Bruno said there is a AL sensor fitted to your suspension drop links,there is a REGULATING ROD connected to the sensor wich normaly pops of the suspension drop arm.Its simple to pop back on,just hope you haven't damaged any wiring or the sensor.Good luck
            as the guys said, i ll add this since i faced it few months back
            in my case it was loosen bolt for the front angle joint as well as the regulating rod behind the front wheel, just tight it and it have been solved.

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Good advice Eyad.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I'll check the suspension today and update. I hope everything is intact. BTW new dynamic xenon headlamps cost is unbelievable. Make a wild guess and you wont even be close.

Comment

I would guess them to be around AED 40k.
                  sigpic

Comment

OT, but please tell me it's cheaper to maintain an E36. Please please please.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                      I would guess them to be around AED 40k.
                      i can get a car for that price...
                      E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                      E39///M kit 530i (Le Mans Blue)
                      sigpic

Comment

Its cheaper to buy an older 330 or a brand new ford fiesta. BMW complicates things to such an extent that every part becomes a work of art and thus unaffordable. Well thats the price you pay for cutting edge technology. Heres another thought though.... BMW offers full warranty for five years on new cars. I have a friend who owns a 2009 5 series and during the last two years hes had his gear box, headlights, front and rear bumpers, engine mounts, AC compressor & evaporator changed without paying a penny as everything is covered (the warranty umbrella). Now by keeping the prices of the parts astronomically high, BMW makes money from out of warranty cars. Am I being paranoid (I own a out of warranty car) or do you guys share the same feelings.

Comment

I believe that it has more to do with AGMC than BMW.

BMW cannot price parts much higher than competition.

However it might be the case that all the manufacturers are charging outrageous prices for parts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Look at it from the bright side. Our bmws are cheaper than most european brands in the market...

Comment

Then, they are compensating the difference from the damn spare parts! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X