Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal Fabric Re-warp

Dear all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post it. My fabric on pillar A,B & C grew wings, they have flippers. Where do be a good place to re-warp them or even replace the internal fabric in AD? Wats the damage like?

is there any pics available to show ur damaged pillar? im facing same issue for my E46 but just wana be sure about wht u r talking about :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Will post ASAP. Maybe we can do it together if its the same fabric problem. Look for a good place with good workmanship & get it re-warp. if its not that expensive, i would love to replace the roof fabric too.

Comment

as far as i know, the pillars cannot be repaired, i think it should be replaced, but regarding the roof i dont have any idea...let us see wht can be done :)

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

sorry for the mix-up bro eoudeh. u r right it cannot be repaired. i was thinking of a re-warp to the 3 pillars plus the roof fabric. anyone could recommend a decent place to do it?

cheers

Comment

might as well change the lining to el cantara :)

unfortunately, these cars have a tendency to come undone and loose...
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Thats how it is currently. how it can be re-warp together with the roof as well. Any recommendation?
              Attached Files

Comment

in my case...i replaced them, with OEM....check with member MR.E36I (Ebrahim from bahrain) he ll help you with OEM parts since he is our club sponsor :)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                  in my case...i replaced them, with OEM....check with member MR.E36I (Ebrahim from bahrain) he ll help you with OEM parts since he is our club sponsor :)
                  Good... Car still in Bahrain so i should contact him n get him to hook me up. Just wondering, other than replacing them, i believe there r store who can re-warp. Low budget here. Thanks lots though

Cheers

CALLING MR.E36I.......

Comment

you can glue them professioannly back to the roof and pillars. no need to buy new stuff.

ask ebrahim for advice in bahrain he can guide to the right people if you're totally lost :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      you can glue them professioannly back to the roof and pillars. no need to buy new stuff.

ask ebrahim for advice in bahrain he can guide to the right people if you're totally lost :P
                      LOL'd... Honestly i tried gluing it back at the A pillar to see how it goes and save some $$$. It look weird & fugly... i need professional help. Re-warp FTW... :1stcup:

Comment

no no... there is a special glue that when done should look like brand new.

ask anyone who fixes interiors, i'm sure they know which glue to use.

ps i think you have destroyed your A-pillars already lol

Comment

when its already peeled off, the fabric seems shorter or im just too stupid to rectify it :cursing:

Paging MR.E36I & ebrahim of Bahrain

Comment

you must stretch it and then glue it... yes it will as if it's shrunk.

Comment

guess i need to remove the trims. all seems to with difficulties. Pillar A with air-bag, Pillar B with safety belt and pillar C with reading lights. hope i will not destroy anything -_-

Comment

Working...
                              X