Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Grey M3 Coupe

Hi All -

I'm new to the group but not new to BMWs.
    I currently ride a K1300S and in the process of buying a 2011 M3 coupe.

AGMC has a frozen grey M3 coupe, a color taken from the individual catalog which looks like a grey matte paint. This was the same color BMW used for the limited edition 25th anniversary M3 coupe in North America.

I like the color but the paint can't be waxed or polished.
    Moreover, I'm not sure how durable the paint would be in our hot weather environment.

The frozen grey M3 has the competition package option with black-painted rims and red calipers. The price is AED 370K.

My alternative is a space grey M3 coupe with no competition package for AED 330K.

Any guidance the group can provide on this frozen grey paint would be much appreciated. Also, is the competition package noticeably different; i.e., is the suspension too stiff for daily driving?

Thanks,
    Hassan

Welcome to our club, Buying an M3 would cost you around 340k and of course the mod bug will hit. You will start with Matt Black-ing your grills, rims, muffler...and the list goes on. I'd say pay those extra 30k and get the car ready, and at the end of the day you'll have a unique car !

:)
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

welcome to the club

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

welcome abroad mate ;)
        sigpic

Comment

I've seen the car at the AGMC showroom and to be honest :drool:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
          Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

welcome to the club :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
            E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
            E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
            E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
            E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
            E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

welcome! yes, that car is a beauty!!! if the mods you have in mind match the frozen gray spec then i say go for it.

Else, go for the space gray and then keep aside the 30k to mod the way YOU want it :)

all the best!
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

This paint can't be polished or maintained so you're looking at an extra hurdle to deal with when buying the car. A very important point that you also want to consider is that the competition package is slightly improved from stock which gives you a better reason not to spend the extra cash on these items.

Get a normal m3 drive her for a while, get to learn the car and understand how it drives then look at areas to improve. I have a feeling you will like to keep it as is and call it a day.

Comment

Welcome here... this was one of my all time favorite colors, EVER! I love the frozen grey and would just at the chance to pick that car up... is it the full competition package or just the painted rims and red calipers?
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Guys - Thanks for welcoming me to the club. I look forward to meeting you during an upcoming club gathering.

Ahmad, the car in the AGMC showroom has the full competition package which includes the CSL wheels, lowered suspension and additional damper settings for sport mode.
                    Whoever ordered the car, asked for the wheels and calipers to be painted.

The frozen grey paint looked good on the car sitting in the showroom.
                    How the paint holds up under our weather and typical parking conditions is a mystery.

I've decided to go with the space grey in stock form and as Bruno suggested, get acquainted before making any mods, the first of which will be a cat back exhaust.

Thanks again for welcoming me to the club.

Hassan

Comment

Welcome to the club Hassan!
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by HBH69 View Post
                        Guys - Thanks for welcoming me to the club. I look forward to meeting you during an upcoming club gathering.

Ahmad, the car in the AGMC showroom has the full competition package which includes the CSL wheels, lowered suspension and additional damper settings for sport mode.
                        Whoever ordered the car, asked for the wheels and calipers to be painted.

The frozen grey paint looked good on the car sitting in the showroom.
                        How the paint holds up under our weather and typical parking conditions is a mystery.

I've decided to go with the space grey in stock form and as Bruno suggested, get acquainted before making any mods, the first of which will be a cat back exhaust.

Thanks again for welcoming me to the club.

Hassan

there is a member selling his aftermarket cat back... there you go you got yourself an exhaust before even getting the car.. .congrats :D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

good decision hassan ;)
                          congrats on the ride
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X