6 Series M kit 60 000 dhs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Series M kit 60 000 dhs ?

Right so I sent my car at BMW for the replacement of the front bumber after the small accident, and I asked them to tell me how much more will it cost me to install the M kit front bumber instead on the normal 6 series one?

Since the insurance will pay for the bumber and I would just add the difference for the M kit bumber , I was expecting something around 5 000 dhs.
    But I was very wrong, They are asking for 20 000 dhs more JUST FOR THE FRONT BUMBER ?

They told me they need to modify the fenders, Change the lights ???

Is this another incompetence from bmw or a front M6 bumber actually costs 25 000 dhs?

For the whole body kit ( front and read bumbers, side skirts and mirrors ) they are asking 60 000 dhs ????!!!!!
    07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

hahaha... I'm sorry but this is way too funny .. Dude who goes for Agency with all do respect ??
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Some1 crashed into me and the front bumber needed to be replaced and my insurance is with the agency. So as the insurance will pay for the bumber , I wanted to pay abit extra for the M kit, I thought it would be cheaper than buying the m6 bumber from somewhere else ..
      but this is ridiculous.. its either me , or the guy from bmw is really stupid.. I dunno but I find 25 000 dhs for a bumber ridiculously expensive
      07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That is why they are called the STEALERSHIP.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
          Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That is why they are called the STEALERSHIP.
          This is poor marketing to be honest, their ignorance and lack of knowledge will make me walk away , disappointed and disgusted because you would expect much more from BMW. They will lose money because I am not paying Extra for the bumber in my case, and because I will make sure next year to get the insurance with another company, not mentioning that they kept my car there for 4 days now, didnt start working on it, because they are waiting for the insurance guy to give them a quote?

And also correct me if Im wrong but to my knowledge you dont need to change any lights when changing the bumber , and they are insisting that the front lights need to be changed as well ? How do these kind of mechanics " Fix " our cars?
          :scifigun:
          07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

You're not the first unsatisfied and disgusted customer from AGMC, there were many before you and will be many more after you..

To buy anything straight from the dealer will always cost an arm and a leg, nothing new.. That for sure is a ridiculous price :thumbsdown:

Comment

Rady, I am very interested to see how much cheaper I can get that for you through the shop.

Comment

Was about to say that, get in touch with Das Autoworks to get a cheaper quote, service centres can always offer you better deals than the dealer..

Comment

Thanks for the advice Sense, I wouldnt buy it from the agency if the insurance wouldn't pay for most of it. I would walk away and never step back into that service.

Ayham I sent you a message and I will contact you tomorrow.

Thanks alot
                  07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                    This is poor marketing to be honest, their ignorance and lack of knowledge will make me walk away , disappointed and disgusted because you would expect much more from BMW. They will lose money because I am not paying Extra for the bumber in my case, and because I will make sure next year to get the insurance with another company, not mentioning that they kept my car there for 4 days now, didnt start working on it, because they are waiting for the insurance guy to give them a quote?

And also correct me if Im wrong but to my knowledge you dont need to change any lights when changing the bumber , and they are insisting that the front lights need to be changed as well ? How do these kind of mechanics " Fix " our cars?
                    :scifigun:
                    Dude! I sold my first love my Alpina B5 because of these morons.

Then I got me an ///M 6 because of this club and especially Ayham.
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

+1

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

"STEALERSHIP" sooooo true.... not only the AGMC aaallll of them... thats y i never give a sh** 4 the warranty....

back 2 topic, b4 they do any thing get a quotation from DAS and sent it 2 the insurance company.... they will be more than happy 2 save some money and tel them 2 do it there if they will not charge u any thing... otherwise let them pay the 25K
                        sigpic
                        Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Hi. I am insured with rsa. In the process of claiming a repair to my front bumper a replacing the passenger indicator light. Some idiot hit my 2006 650i convertible and ran away. Anyway. .. I have met jean loup once and must say... he is a great guy and appreciate his help. I was quoted 500aed for bumper repair from the insurance advised repair centre and 470 aed for the light from agmc. I was considering putting on an m 6 front bumper. Kindly advise if this is possible and how much it will cost. Thanks.

Comment

it will be possible...there are quite a few on the international forums who have done it....might need slight modifications on the body to ensure you secure it appropriately thought, doubt the standard M6 bumper will snap on to the chassis without any additional retrofit mods....

about the price, it totally depends on the parts required + labour...
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                            X