Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z4 Convertible Top Issues

Hello forum!

Looks like a great community you guys have built here :)

I got a 2003 Z4 3.0 a few weeks ago. Fantastic so far, except for a recurring problem with my convertible top. It seems to go down relatively easily (a bit slower than usual though) but doesnt seem to entirely "lock in" in the back. It sometimes hangs on the roll bars as well...

The bigger issue though is that it no longer goes up! The top motor whines and nothing happens, so I end up having to swoop it over manually (and get oily BMW fingers in the process; great fun for work meetings :) ) after which I press the "close" button and it locks shut.

Does this sound like a busted motor/hydraulics issue? Last had this issue on my old 330ci and it cost me about 6-7k to get a new top motor fitted in at Tony Edwards! :(

Finally, I've read a lot of praise on here for Das and X-service. The question is who is better for looking at convertibles? I have a feeling that because its a bit more "niche" than other BMWs I'd be better off going to Tony Edwards or even AGMC for a certain fix+warranty. But then again they have ridiculous pricing!

Any tips?

Cheers!

z4maniac
    Last edited by z4maniac; 22-11-2010, 10:18 PM.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Bring it to Das Autoworks, you'll leave with a working top ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Bring it to Das Autoworks, you'll leave with a working top ;)
      Ayham, you're on! Might need some other things looked at as well.. Will drop by you early next week.

Cheers
      z4maniac

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Hello again,

Change of plans. Whens a good time to pass by tomorrow afternoon, and how can I contact you? Tried looking for a PM option on the forum but couldn't find it...

Comment

^ Click on " Ayham "

then Select - Send a private message to Ayham -
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

050-6527722

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                ^ Click on " Ayham "

then Select - Send a private message to Ayham -
                Doesn't appear. When I go to http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm I get

"z4maniac, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  050-6527722
                  Awesome, will give you a buzz before I head out

Comment

Yes, you get PM rights after a certain number of posts under your belt :)

Talk tomorrow.

Comment

Maniac, you should be able to send pms after 10 mins, will activate your registration..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        Maniac, you should be able to send pms after 10 mins, will activate your registration..
                        Works perfect now, thanks! :bmwflag:

Comment

Working...
                        X