My E63 ///M6 on Dyno Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E63 ///M6 on Dyno Jet

Yesterday, I went with Bruno and Wael Habboub to test the M6 on DynoJet.

Here is what we got.

Videos to follow soon.

Oceans of gratitude to Ayham, Bruno and Wael for their help and support. The names are in alphabetical order.
    Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 22-11-2010, 09:26 AM.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Somebody find Ehssan for me. :lol:
    sigpic

Comment

Videos of the 2 Runs

[YOUTUBE]cJBHNEXj8VM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]uvQBPcchVJg[/YOUTUBE]

You can see Ayham in the middle of the action all the time.

It could not have happened without him. :thanks:

Special thanks to Sam for the excellent facility and to Wael for introducing the facility. :thanks:

Special thanks to Sir Bruno for being the person that he is. :thanks:

Love the sound of the Tubi beyond 6000 RPM.
      Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 22-11-2010, 09:43 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Good figures for the modes on ur M6, but compared with stock one is it near or there is some improvement regarding the power/torque nos.
        I’m asking coz i didn’t dyno my car b4 and dont know wht exactly the actual figures :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I also don't have a stock dyno, but most of the stock M6s I have seen on M5Board do around 420 WHP on DynoJet.

I think the experts should be able to give us more information on this.
          sigpic

Comment

Hassan my friend : I advise you to do a little research since you read m5board.com about the differences between Dynojet - Dyno Dynamics and mustang Dyno ... and i can assure you will understand how your car showed 469 WHP ...

by the end of the day , it's a personal taste. nice dyno - great video and specially the sound ..ohhhhh ,, killing

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
              Hassan my friend : I advise you to do a little research since you read m5board.com about the differences between Dynojet - Dyno Dynamics and mustang Dyno ... and i can assure you will understand how your car showed 469 WHP ...

by the end of the day , it's a personal taste. nice dyno - great video and specially the sound ..ohhhhh ,, killing
              I love you Ehssan. No homo ofcourse.

:runaway:
              sigpic

Comment

I think that Mustang is the most conservative, probably because the car runs between the 2 rollers and that eats up a lot of power. Also, this is not the natural environment in which the car shall run. Dyno Dynamics is the same.

However, its still my opinion and the experts can definitely point us in the right direction.

I know that the run on DynoJet is a little overstated, but it still makes more sense than the results I got on the Mustang dyno.

If a BMW that is almost new with only 25k kms on the clock, is loosing 30% power on the driveterrain, there has to be something wrong somewhere.

I am sure you shall also agree to this.
                sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

It's all about the baseline/reference/bench mark. Always:

A) look for the percentage improvement

B) state the output figures while mentioning which dyno recorded them

This way, the owner is not a show off. At the end of the day, a 500WHP on a Dynojet is the same as a 400WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Comment

a dyno is used to measure how a car reacts to mods. how much difference each dyno reads from another; that's a different story.

this is my personal experience and my personal opinion... i did some dyno runs in Bahrain on several occasions for this same particular car and the numbers are within a 2% error (in other words i got 2-4 hp difference) when compared to the one i tried yesterday. for bmws i'm convinced that dynojets are the most dynoes that make sense (numeric wise). others have unrealistic figures, not saying that they are wrong, just saying that they are off. people say dynojets read higher than others, but it is the most realistic figure a dyno can represent for a BMW. run the math on hasan's car and you will see that it makes sense, compare it to the other dyno runs he had and you will get to know how close this is to real life.

Comment

Nice video

Could you please give me the name of the shop you did the dyno in and if there any gps location

I need to get my car on it after the tuning

Thanks in advance

Comment

Nice VID and good figures.. BUT.. i dynoed my Evo back in the day on a dynojet and it showed 398 AWHP and with the same setup on a Mustang Dyno and it showed 358 AWHP.

So exactly 40 AWHP difference.. and thats alot!!!!! 469 WHP is a nice figure but definately not the reality.. Check out what a 5.7 stroker e63 M6 dynos on a DIN approved dyno and you will understand...
                        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                        Dubai Investment Park 2
                        The Curve Building Complex
                        Warehouse No.1
                        P.O Box 28638
                        Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                        Office: +97148830851
                        Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                        Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Its Sam performance in al qoz. If you google 1000 dunes garage you will get the number

Comment

We want another dyno, we want another dyno! LOL

Can't wait to hear the new monster!

Comment

Nice numbers dude Congarts asad :)
                              ACS Front Lip
                              ACS Boot Spoiler
                              ACS Foot Pedals set
                              H&R kit
                              ORIGINAL SSRs 19 Rims
                              Hartge Rear Diffusor dual exhaust
                              OEM LED Tail Light Update