Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!! :(

Hi

I was driving to work when i noticed my engine trying to stall at the speed of 120 or something.....i ignored it initially, but when i stopped at a signal and put it to neutral the engine RPM was decreasing from 1100 to around 750 or something and increasing-decreasing again....trying to stall but not shutting down :( .....i need to know what the problem is since i bought the car recently :(( .....its a 318i E46.....any suggestions what should i check first or what could be the problem ??

Thank you in advance :)

I assume its your MAFs, but lets see what the experienced folks got to say..

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

- MAF
      - Fuel Pump
      - Crank Sensor

Do you have a "whine" when you put the key in ignition?

Does the car "heck up" while driving?

From the irregular idle, my first pick is the MAF sensor.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Send it somewhere and tell them to open ur fuel pump. I also suspect the maf though

Comment

whats a crank sensor.....and where is it located ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bin_Ubaid View Post
            Hi

I was driving to work when i noticed my engine trying to stall at the speed of 120 or something.....i ignored it initially, but when i stopped at a signal and put it to neutral the engine RPM was decreasing from 1100 to around 750 or something and increasing-decreasing again....trying to stall but not shutting down :( .....i need to know what the problem is since i bought the car recently :(( .....its a 318i E46.....any suggestions what should i check first or what could be the problem ??

Thank you in advance :)
            Common issue's 318i E46 Engines!

1.Valvetronic needs re-calibrating
            2.Valvetronic motor jammed
            3.Intake air pressure sensor faulty
            4.Irreguler fuel pressure,check vac pipe on fuel rail regulator
            5.Air Mass Sensor.

A diagnostic check will point you in the right direction within minutes!

Comment

I had kinda the same problem with my e64 650i.
              When driving very slow , 5km/h without accelerating the rpm keeps decreasing and increasing from like 700 to 300 and feels like the engine is gonna die. Does this when reversing as well.
              But not always, happened to me twice.
              I had a diagnostic check done a week ago and only 2 faults were recorded, one with communication and the other one with Bluetooth if I remember correctly.

What do the pros think?
              07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

first of all...thanks all for your suggestions :)

looks like Rady and i have the exact same problem....i have changed the spark plugs yesterday and the problem was solved......but again today going back home....the car did the same thing (fluctuating RPM) for about a minute then went back to normal.....so, any more suggestions as to what could be the exact problem ??

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

- MAF
                  - Fuel Pump
                  - Crank Sensor

Do you have a "whine" when you put the key in ignition?

Does the car "heck up" while driving?

From the irregular idle, my first pick is the MAF sensor.
                  Hi Ayham,

whats a crank sensor. And no the engine does not whine and can u please elaborate 'heck up' :D

Comment

^
                    mate would be easier if u take ur car to Das Autoworks...
                    sigpic

Comment

"heck up" in arabic "3indak gatcheh bel sayara"?

Comment

Working...
                      X