Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M5 SMG Hydraulic Problem :(

Hey everyone,

I stumbled onto this page and everyone seems so helpful! I really need some advice on what to do...

My dads 2006 M5 happened to break down at a gas station last Friday and wouldn't start. He had to get it towed and the only place opened was BMW, which my dad has only gone to for his servicing and any problem (bad idea!!!). So a week later they get back to me saying that the THINK its the SMG hydraulic problem and would cost over 30,000 dirhams!!

My dad is really pissed off as he has maintained the **** out of that car and it has only done 60k! He's not happy that I recommended him getting this car as he says his honda had never given him any major problems and its 10 years old! :S Even though there is a lot more involved with such a high performance car, I have no explanation as this shouldn't happen when you pay a lot of money for such a premium car!

I need some cheap but trusted garages, cause at this point, it seems like he wants nothing to do with this car and go back to his honda! :,(

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Pass by us at DAS Autoworks. Sometimes it's not the pump, if you guys are lucky like some other clients, you may solve it at WAY cheaper.
    Last edited by Ayham; 13-11-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! We actually got recommended to you personally from a friend of ours and we tried to call you on your mobile
      a little while ago.. Will try again in the morning!

Comment

any updates???
        sigpic

Comment

Ayham currently has it! He says its not the pump which is great news, but some sensor as explained by my brother. I hope he's right!! Being without the car has been painful, but I' glad it might not be the pump! :)

Comment

anything is better than paying over 30k for something that aint right

Comment

indeed thats a good news ....
              i'm sure Mr president will sort it out!! ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Never go to AGMC for such repair jobs. It's the worst thing you could do to your BMW and your pocket!

Ayham should sort it out. He's got the tools and know how.
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Do you guys get paid for the promo :P I'm glad he's well recommended

Still waiting to hear back... can't lie, I'm nervous about the diagnoses lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jiv View Post
                    We always had good experiences from Das, hence the least we can do in return is praise them :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jiv View Post

Still waiting to hear back... can't lie, I'm nervous about the diagnoses lol
                      i thought he already told you

Comment

He said it doesn't look like it's the pump but not sure yet. Still keeping my fingers crossed.. I guess only once he tests the sensors will he know for certain! Minutes feel like hours at the moment

Comment

he told you that they were 2 sensors. confirm with him

Comment

any news for the issue :)
                            hope its solved

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I'm getting prices as we speak...

Comment

Working...
                              X