Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fault code reader anyone??

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has a fault code reader since my 330i began showing the SES light and the car is on the verge of having a rough idle and more issues to follow. Also, I could notice a drop in power from the day I got it.

Thanks guys!

P.S. I found a code reader from Peake research specifically for BMW. It costs $150 and many guys on e46 fanatics highly recommend it.

Thanks again!

Past Ride: E39 530i
    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Why don't you just take it to Ayham and he shall do it for your for free.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I did not think of that, I guess I'll take to Ayham in the mean time. But I think it would help if I have my own. What do you guys think of the price?

Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
        I did not think of that, I guess I'll take to Ayham in the mean time. But I think it would help if I have my own. What do you guys think of the price?
        Its a waste of money. How often will you need it?
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thing is, my car is getting older, and I won't be getting a new car anytime soon. So I'm sure I'll often have to deal with such problems. So instead of just looking for the problem and wasting time diagnosing. I could just use that tool to pin point the problem and save me money and time.

Comment

i think u have a good point :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
            E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
            E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
            E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
            E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
            E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

A code reader is great, but it's only limited to fault codes and fault codes aren't the only indications of a problem or what the problem really is.
              It will save you time and money as you stated, but you will need a list of code descriptions because each code is different that the other.
              I'm not so familiar with the unit you speak of, but make sure it's got a read and erase function as a minimum.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Well, Here is a link to the product.

http://www.peakeresearch.com/fcx3.htm

Please give your opinions, I will get the one that plugs in under the hood since I have the port in the engine bay AND under the dashboard. According to the website, if you have both connections then you should opt for the engine bay one.

Thanks guys!

Comment

some times there is some parts not working probably but it will not show any error.... so if its gives the reading of the sensors and u know what is the correct rates.. go 4 it
                  sigpic
                  Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

I have the Peake reader, it's great. But I find it limited most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
                      Well, Here is a link to the product.

http://www.peakeresearch.com/fcx3.htm

Please give your opinions, I will get the one that plugs in under the hood since I have the port in the engine bay AND under the dashboard. According to the website, if you have both connections then you should opt for the engine bay one.

Thanks guys!
                      i think its not bad and the price is almost 500EAD.... if u use it 4 reset the oil and sevrice.... thats more tahn enough.... am thinking 2 buy 1
                      sigpic
                      Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback! Ayham, what do you mean by limited?

Btw, May I bring my car to you for a code read out. Also, I want to check if I have any exhaust leaks. I'm losing some power but I don't know why and how!

Comment

Come in whenever...Just call me before you hed out.

Comment

Peak is good for emergency, I have it alwyas in my car in case I need, but really it's limited, cant remove airebag light, cant check ABS, and transmition too. it just can read engine ECU codes.

I have carsoft software installed in my laptop, I use it when I need somthing more.

Comment

Working...
                            X