No announcement yet.

E63 M6 on Top Gear's 20 worst list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TVR Cerbera was an awesome car too - fully UK- built, all fibre-glass panels with something like 450 bhp (There was a Griffith 500 with 500 bhp), lovely modular cockpit design, probably wasn't the most reliable car in the world tho :D

They might have dropped a few cars in there as red herrings, ie the M6

Comment

:iagree:
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Hey Hasan, I am in the process of buying 2007/ 2008 M6 with equal to or less than 50,000km on the car, what would be a good price? I'm interested in '08 convertible M6 with 32,000km at Exotic Cars with asking of AED 215K which is negotiable but still high. Is it a good idea to buy a convertible M6 (any issues known to u)? how is the maintenance for that mammoth V10 and M6 in general out of warranty? I dont want to spend 15-20K in repair costs every year....i've heard some horror stories about SMG gearbox issues in M6....

Comment

rule of thumb: all SMGs fail... you shouldn't spend much in repairs if the car was in great condition. but just make sure the price is right and the price is lower (way lower that is)

Comment

whats the cost of SMG replacement? someone mentioned $14K which is a crazy number! Im hoping that the car would still have 1 or 2 years left under warranty or service contract...

Comment

Originally posted by yasirlk View Post
              Hey Hasan, I am in the process of buying 2007/ 2008 M6 with equal to or less than 50,000km on the car, what would be a good price? I'm interested in '08 convertible M6 with 32,000km at Exotic Cars with asking of AED 215K which is negotiable but still high. Is it a good idea to buy a convertible M6 (any issues known to u)? how is the maintenance for that mammoth V10 and M6 in general out of warranty? I dont want to spend 15-20K in repair costs every year....i've heard some horror stories about SMG gearbox issues in M6....
              man the price you mentioned is in the higher position, one of my friend bought M6 2007, 30K on the clock with 180K the car in mint condition! spend more time of searching, my friend in AD motors had M6 2008 with 15K only fully loaded with hamann exhaust from manifold till muffler but the price asking also high around 260k (expensive IMO) if im not mistaken, if u want i can check with him again.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

So it's safer to buy a non-SMG M, is that it?

Comment

^ its not like that bro. SMG fail depend on how u drive the car :) be gentle with it then it ll serve for long time without any issue IMO

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                  E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Cool, thanks. :)

Comment

Hey eoudeh, i've noticed alot of cars for sale in Dubai with extremely low mileage and at the same time the cars are atleast 4-5 years old, a friend of mine recently bought 2007 SL350 with 13,000km on it, there's a saying when something is too good to be true, it is generally not true so i know for sure alot of these places are playing with the mileage....but you're right M6 at AED 200K + is pricy, the one you mentioned is too expensive, my budget is <AED 200K, are you aware of any 2007-current M3s for sale <AED 200K?

Comment

Hasan, your feedback as an owner of M6 would be appreciated! is it a financila disaster in disquise?

Comment

I would not recommend a convertible for the UAE weather.

Exotic cars have the principal of quoting a huge price, so even if you negotiate down, it is still quite expensive.

Repair cost depends now how the car is driven and how it is maintained.

Eyad has given excellent advice. If you want to buy an ///M car, you have to be brave and patient. Keep looking and you shall find a great bargain.

Whatever you buy, take it to Das for a complete Pre Purchase Check before you make the final decision. This is the most important thing in making the decision.

Good Luck!

whats the cost of SMG replacement? someone mentioned $14K which is a crazy number! Im hoping that the car would still have 1 or 2 years left under warranty or service contract...
                          The cost of SMG pump replacement is around that mark. Replacing the clutch is another level of expenditure.

Hasan, your feedback as an owner of M6 would be appreciated! is it a financila disaster in disquise?
                          Apologies for the late reply. Have been unable to visit the forums in a while.
                          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                          X