E30 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
    guys am not defending the guy here but i dont like this group attack here with all do respect to everyone....okay he said something stupid okay so??? chill out everyone and relax a bit....i mean the guy was maybe provocative and gangs of the hood style of discussing but he didnt insult anyone here..please lets just raise the level at the end we are one big family and no one is perfect correct his information in bmw world and tell the guy nicely we dont support these types of stuff and thats it if u have something positive to say say it it if not keep it no need for this at all guys
    +10000

BTW BMW 735iL, you can check this thread for general information and u can have an idea about the price tag if its with V10 engine
    http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...p?t=605&page=2

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by R i F o View Post
      First of all, as I said. Irrelevant posts will be deleted and they were. Here is my reply and I will end it here since this has gone WAY too far.

@BMW 735iL:

Engine swap is one of a hectic job to be done and finding the proper garage to do it is almost impossible. Engines alone especially if they're M engines cost a fortune, something between 20,000 to 30,000 depending on the quality and mileage the engine has. Labor charge to just exchange both engines is around 7,000 (that's if you're doing a proper job and not letting the guys miss few screws here and there). To be able to run a different engine on your car, you need to prepare a whole list of things to do. Your differential probably will break because of the massive torque it gets from the engine. Your ECU will not respond since there is a different engine in there DUH!! so here you go, you need an ECU which again god knows how much it costs. Also, if the engine had a perfect size then the fit would be perfect and you will be lucky, otherwise, we're talking about a whole new level of cutting and welding, and many other things to go. Already you've spent around 40,000 and that's just the beginning.

Maybe we overreacted to the whole case but we were expecting from a guy who speaks about engine swaps to actually understand that is not an easy job in any form. Maybe we were expecting too much. I myself am not an expert in mechanics and I'm still learning. We never intended to make fun of you or make you feel as a clown. If you felt insulted in anyway, I myself on behalf of all who posted apologize but please do take into consideration that this is an open forum which means any one can say anything and NO ONE is right or wrong. Some can give you a five star rating and others can reject the idea and shut it down.

After all, if you do read the posts again, I'm sure you'll understand that what we wrote was to your benefit and had nothing to do with making you feel as a clown.

Cheers
      this reply i was looking for, it should be from the beginning!!
      Last edited by eoudeh; 09-10-2010, 06:29 AM.

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
        this reply i was looking for, it should be from the beginning!!
        me 2

thats what i was waiting from the begining .. now the story is end !!

thnxxx guys
        E30 ** For Ever :///M: **
        sigpic

E30 M52B28... Current
        E30 M50B25-Non Vanos ... Sold
        E32... Sold

Comment

we r a family and thats how we should b
          some opinions r useless and rude... so we can give our opinion in nice way or 2 give a suggestions.... am sure the guy still young and he hv no experience and knowledg...
          so lets share wt we hv with him as a family
          sigpic
          Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

if you are thinking of track car.. never go 4 V8s....
            think of handling and breaking then HPs
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
              RIFO my dear and friend ..I didnt criticise the forum even not used the word proffisional or non neither did i criticised members or their experience humbly i can say u r all better than me in bmw world..but sorry to say this sometimes we go over the top when some of the new guys who seems dont have good knowledge come and ask for our advise instead of bashing the hell out of them as the usual tradition and as an end result we keep complaining as bmw club uae members that ppl dont know anything about bmw cars and come to talk infornt of us and how dare they... instead we can be a little bit wiser and absorb whatever they say and then teach them what is bmw or cars in generic all about this way we would have one less person to complain about and gained one more person in the family thats all what am saying and am speaking it out of my love to this club and its members nothing more
              A very well put response Mr. Sallam. Very political and although my posts are usually sarcastic responses to absolutely ludicrous topics i do once in a while appreciate some seriousness. Its nice to see somebody speak their mind without fear of persecution from "geniuses" on this forum who choose to censor (delete) responses instead of discussing them freely. what's the worst that's going to happen anyway? will they ban us from what is sometimes referred to as "our forum"? sod it, let the bans begin; this is how tyrannies are created anyway.

I've met some great BMW enthusiasts through this forum and have learned quite a lot from them. I'd love to see it grow into a community where enthusiasts from the world over come to learn instead of the other way around. There is definately potential but people need to chill a bit with the superiority complexes.

There will be no apologies to those who may be insulted by my comments as it would be simply absurd to be insulted by a member who voices an opinion that may be contrary to those in positions of cyberpower.

To the original poster i say go ahead and try your project anyway. don't let people (including me) who have never and probably will never attempt a project like this dissuade you from going ahead. If it works out the way you want post up the details and teach us a thing or two and if it fails so you took a chance and learned a lot in the process.

This concludes my dissertation

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Definitely no patronizing should be seen. I believe some got carried away because they're trying to hook a brother up in a way or another :D

A V10 E30 project is nnothing unheard of anymore, defo not an S62 one. But costs and end product realities must be taken into account or the car will sit out to rot before halfway through.

Comment

One word, these kind of swap projects need an open/unlimited budget, to accomplish and see a perfect end result..

So my friend, forget about this project if your budget is 20-25K and get a decent E36 M3 or an E39 M5 if you're persistent to get an M car..

Comment

after the advice/suggestion we gave him....im sure he ll not think about this issue again :D

Comment

Originally posted by selnashar View Post
                      A very well put response Mr. Sallam. Very political and although my posts are usually sarcastic responses to absolutely ludicrous topics i do once in a while appreciate some seriousness. Its nice to see somebody speak their mind without fear of persecution from "geniuses" on this forum who choose to censor (delete) responses instead of discussing them freely. what's the worst that's going to happen anyway? will they ban us from what is sometimes referred to as "our forum"? sod it, let the bans begin; this is how tyrannies are created anyway.

I've met some great BMW enthusiasts through this forum and have learned quite a lot from them. I'd love to see it grow into a community where enthusiasts from the world over come to learn instead of the other way around. There is definately potential but people need to chill a bit with the superiority complexes.

There will be no apologies to those who may be insulted by my comments as it would be simply absurd to be insulted by a member who voices an opinion that may be contrary to those in positions of cyberpower.

To the original poster i say go ahead and try your project anyway. don't let people (including me) who have never and probably will never attempt a project like this dissuade you from going ahead. If it works out the way you want post up the details and teach us a thing or two and if it fails so you took a chance and learned a lot in the process.

Dude, this was DEEP. Respect.

Anyway, Isn't it easier to just turbo/super-charge the engine of an E30 325i. I was told that there was an E30 in the evolve club drift event around 2 weeks ago (Friday) who had an E30 that develops around 600 or 800 hp, can't recall, but what I do recall is that it had PROPER power.

Past Ride: E39 530i
                      Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                      Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

its for tamara i guess ayham and bruno have seen it on action already i believe
                        sigpic
                        :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Has a 2JZ engine in that one...

Comment

Originally posted by selnashar View Post
                            Its nice to see somebody speak their mind without fear of persecution from "geniuses" on this forum who choose to censor (delete) responses instead of discussing them freely. what's the worst that's going to happen anyway? will they ban us from what is sometimes referred to as "our forum"? sod it, let the bans begin; this is how tyrannies are created anyway.

+1

Comment

this what i saw in jordan M50 engine with volvo truck T76 tubro.. the max boost is 2.3 bar\ 33psi..... almost 900hp + NOS
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm amazed it hasn't been featured in Speedhunters yet, nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X