Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 losing water :(

Hi Guys
    The low coolant warning light came on the other day and i dismissed it as a faulty sensor, as it had happened before. So after a week I decided to check the coolant, and it needed topping up by about a litre. When I did this the warning went off. Great, so the sensor works. I drove the car one day and on it comes again, That night I checked the coolant and had to add 1/4 litre. So its going somewhere.
    The engine temp is perfect, never goes above half way, but the water is being lost somewhere. There are no obvious leaks, and engine is quiet and strong with no smoke..

Any ideas?

did you check the expansion tank? if there is any leack, you ll not be able to see it, but maybe you can drive the car for a while then park it and see if there is any water drops down of it....
    otherwise there are alot of parts to be checked :) (water pump gasket, hoses clips, ect)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I looked for leaks but its so tight in there its hard to see anything. I'll put some paper under the car tonight and look for any water marks.
      Many thanks

Comment

Might want to put it on a lift for a better view.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
        X