My dipstick is dry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dipstick is dry...

unfortunately this is the first time I have checked the oil level... it didn't even reach the MIN part of the dipstick!

Starting to dislike the seller - he knew about the failing PDC and window lifter but didn't tell me - now I find out the pistons are just about to start grinding cos there's no flipping oil in it, and you can't buy engine oil after 12:00pm anywhere for some reason (unlike in the UK; all the garage shops sell it over the counter) and all the ADNOC lubes are closed

Have to wait for tomorrow - what worries me a bit more is that the oil level warning light is not on, and the engine temp always shows normal although it seems to run hot. Even the window washer resevoir was hot enough to make tea inside after standing underground for 4 hours.

Suddenly the front screen washers have also packed up... and there's a dodgy connection in one of the brake lights - it kind of 'strobes' when you twist the wire.

Not a problem to drive a few miles before getting a lube tomorrow??

as a starting point you might want to check when was the last Oil change done and the validity of this info from the seller... it might just need a top up or it could be that the time has come for an Oil change. our BMW engines do burn oil but it varies from car to car. a top up will defenitely be required ASAP just be gentle with the accelerator pedal.

pls dont tell me you're getting oil from the petrol station? which brand and viscosity you planning on putting in?

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Not worth driving with this kind of risk. Get some oil from a supplier or an AD member as a quick fix.

Comment

Sounds serious.

However, sometimes at night, when the oil has been changed rcently and is very clean, it is not clearly visible on the dip stick. Have a look again in the morning.

+ 1 to Sir Bruno
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Dude , at least you bought it from an individual seller ,, there was a car at AGMC for major service , and guess what ,,, the power steering is completely empty after the service .. so don't blame the previous owner ,, some ppl just drive the car without understanding how does it work ..

from your first day in our forum , I advise you to have your car checked bumper to bumper ,, this should be done for every used car bought recently ... you can't trust the previous owner's feedback .. :)
          Last edited by Ehssan; 23-09-2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Indeed! Have the car checked up at Das Autoworks and at leats you shall know what you are dealing with, and prevent further damage to the car.
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
            X