My car has Ghosts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car has Ghosts...

Seriously, I dunno if there is any other explanation for the strange things that have happened...

The first problems I noticed after parting with my money were the knackered passenger-side window lifter (the seller told me as I was about to drive off) and the parking sensors didn't work at the front - if you get close to anything at the front of the car when the PS are active you get the error 'beep' and flashing light (meaning 'it don't work'). It works OK backward though!

Next I hooked up the Bluetooth to my SE Satio - worked fine for a couple of weeks, autosensing as long as the ignition was not rapidly switched off/on again; the contacts were transferred & everything was good until is stopped pairing - after a reboot it worked again, until the next day & now it has given up for good :(

Weirder was intermittent problems, the passenger-side wing-mirror 'curb monitor' sometimes gets stuck down if you shift out of reverse quickly; one night the windshield sprayers just didn't work until I tried them with the bonnet open, then they were fine! This morning even, it looked like the air suspension on the FNS had failed & the car was listing to the left - pumping it down then up solved it... and the autosensing headlamps recently have not been sensing daylight properly, stuck on at 7:30 am :nono:

Starting to think that some of these might be related to having the engine steam-cleaned... do I just accept these as typical annoyances after 80Ks or am I gonna call Ghostbusters on it?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

X5's, still need to see one without ghosts.

I'd stick with a Range Rover, diffs and HDC system maintenance every 100K km and we're done...donno man, you can stop by the shop and we'll see what's what.

Comment

Do not clean your engine with any liquid, period!!!

I clean my engine rarely with an air gun and some gasoline. I know it's not well for the plastic/rubber but it's the only liquid that wont harm the sensors and wiring since it evaporate virtually instantly.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

start with the suspension first, once that is out of the way work on the rest. we had 2 X5s since 2004 and both were a nightmare to own. now my sister is on her 3rd X5 and it still fails. it's a 2010 brand new model!!!

Comment

In General , BMW cars with less care from the previous owners gets endless troubles and problems ( sometimes seriously funny issues as you said it has a ghost ) .

Parking sensor - Wind shield washers spray and the rest of minor issues , all can be fixed in one visit to DAS ( Ayham ) ,

Auto lights sensor has no problem ,, the system itself when the lights are on , the sensor required more sun light to receive in order to switch the lights off , if you live somewhere were towers and driving in small roads between buildings and towers at 7:30AM when the sun starts to raise .. yes your lights might stay on till you are on a highway where the sun lights directed to your car window ...

but again , as the other guys said : X5's most of the time are nightmare specially if the car didn't get well care and proper maintenance ..

Keep us updated ...

Comment

I suggest you take the car to Das Autoworks and let Ayham run the AL diagnostics. I am sure you shall find the root cause of your nightmares and get them fixed.
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Is Das Autowerks open on Saturdays??

Sounds like a plan...

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Originally posted by BigLion

Sounds like a plan...
                I believe they are just send Ayham a PM through the forums. He will take care of your car.
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post

Sounds like a plan...
                  Yes they are, but just call Ayham before you drop by, here's his number 050 - 652 77 22

Comment

:bow: Thanks guys :bow:

Life on Airport Road is stressful enough...

Will be comin along this weekend

Comment

Poltergeists struck again, seemingly to stop me getting in the car - I pulled the drivers' door handle and nothing happened exxcept there was a rattle as something fell off the carrier from inside the door;

Seems to be a problem with the X5 doors where the end of the release cable shears off and you have to look like an *** reaching inside the car to open the door until you fix it :(

Comment

Damn... Another problem?! That sucks!
                        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

well, yeah - also the windscreen washer pumps are leaking so I have to go get some extra washers after polishing and reassembling them didn't work last night. Otherwise the washer bottle will drain out overnight :(

Comment

Working...
                          X