Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S85 V10 runs hot?

Hello Everyone!

I have noticed that my M6 runs pretty hot. Generally between 110C to 120C.

Even when I am not driving hard. I mean it is like this even when I don't go above 4000 rpm.

My understanding is that under normal circumstances, the engine should run at 100C.

in addition, the fan keeps running for a good 5 to 10 minutes after I stop the engine.

Is this normal or do I need to get it checked?

Appreciate the advice.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 30-08-2010, 12:42 PM.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

at normal civilized driving on the e46 M3 the needle should be slightly below the middle. if it's over 38C you could see it right at the middle or little bit above the middle dot.

when i had the M6 i thought there was something wrong, but it was slightly above the middle almost most of the time. but i don't remeber if the weather was very hot. even when you drive it hard the needle won't react as fast as the e46 used to do.

i would say it's normal.

Comment

It's normal Hassan...And the fan stays on as a precautionary measure based on the water temp when the car is switched off. Take it easy in the summer months...

Comment

Okey!

Thanks for the information guys.
        sigpic

Comment

as bruno & ayhams said, its normal and no need to be panic :D, even if u drove the car on M mode at night, the fan ll keep working after the car switched off for sometimes.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

he is sensitive with his new baby

ohhh honey moon ftw

:D

Comment

:rofl: to be honest; such car need such care :D all M rides must be treated like that ;)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                he is sensitive with his new baby

ohhh honey moon ftw

:D
                :lol: I was surprised because the B5 even with its supercharger did not run above 100C when driving normally. And would not run above 120C even if you drive it like a maniac.

The ///M lacks a bit in this department. However, a fix is on the way, which would help cool down this volcanic fury.

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                :rofl: to be honest; such car need such care :D all M rides must be treated like that ;)
                Thanks Eyad!
                sigpic

Comment

What kind of fix are you talking about?

Past Ride: E39 530i
                  Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                  Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

An oil cooler.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Hasan, is the temperature raise in the oil or coolant circuit? Can you pass by the shop? I'm considering a custom solution, would appreciate your help by testing for a few minutes. Please swing by when it's hottest :)

Comment

Sure Mr. President.

I look at the oil temprature guage. I don't know if there is a guage for coolant temprature.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Hahahaha, you know what??? Having left the shop at 9PM last night and having iftar on a Pepsi can sure did its damage.

Diregard my question, it's the oil temp you're talking about by default! Damn...

Comment

No worries Mr. Persident.

For a moment there you had me thinking maybe I was not looking at the instruments properly. Do we have the parts for reapir. Let me know when I can bring it in. There a couple of other things I would like you to have a look at.

Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll be at Das in about 2 hours...

Comment

Working...
                              X