Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DME & EGS sys update for e46, have you did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DME & EGS sys update for e46, have you did it?

I just would like to know if any one did a sys update for the DME & EGS for his e46 at the dealler in uae.

What is the story?
    my car is 328 99 imported from Japan, I just called the dealer here in Saudi Arabia -Alkhubar inquiring about this, they said there no sys update for this car, even before!! there was no update for it's sys.
    Is that true?
    eventhough there is an updates for the DME & EGS in Bmw US spec. as i'm member of many US forum and read many stories about this and how the updating can fix many sys bugs.

** I called Bharain too, they dont have for japanese spec.

Any comments plz.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Maxi; 10-08-2010, 02:39 PM.

Welcome to the world of Japanese spec BMW's bro...We're both in the same boat. Neither our ECU numbers are found anywhere but Japan.

I tried searching high and low for an aftermarket ECU chip but no one had one for my ECU number..I'm working on a different solution, but that's a long time from now and it's got nothing to do with updates.

In short, there probably is no way to update your cars ECU unless you send it to Japan. Try contacting BMW Japan, maby they can shed light on the issue and if the cars been updated yet or not (VIN number, service history). There's an easier way to that as well, when ECU's are upgraded they get a dated sticker on the housing. Check that out as well for maby there's more than one update.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

what is the Benefit of updating the DME of E46 in general ??? will the car be faster or will you get extra options ??

Comment

sewerSidup. That's a bad news, So even for chipping we can't do?!!

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
        what is the Benefit of updating the DME of E46 in general ??? will the car be faster or will you get extra options ??
        Not faster by it's mean. but smoother, better shifting, better response. specially when you have some small bugs in the sys. Updating will fix all this. Same thing when you update your Microsoft Windows. the sys will be free hanging, and better functioning.
        I'm considring this in case the car maintained well, and have no problems in engine or Trans that must be fixed first.

Regarding extra option that's another story. you can add options if you have GT1, or can give it to the dealler to add some of option that you dont have it. For example: When you put the gear shift in R the side mirror should move down for better view to the road. And other things like adding OEM alarm if you dont have you should activate it....etc. I dont have these options and I should activate it by dealler. And to be hounest I have read this somewhere and I'm not sure if they can do this for my car or not , since I have frustration of the Japan spec now, they can't do any thing for it here.
        Last edited by Maxi; 10-08-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Maxi, can you send me your ECU number? I'll get in touch with Autologic and see if anything has been prepared for your car..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            Maxi, can you send me your ECU number? I'll get in touch with Autologic and see if anything has been prepared for your car..
            Thanks Ayahm,
            But what does Autologic do, Are they making perfomance chips, I'm not looking for this now, I need update for the orginal software.

Unless thier chipping can be installed instead of dealler update. which until now I'm not sure about this ( to chip your car instead of softwear updates ).

Any way, I'll finde the NO. of my ECU and give it to you.
            Do you know good way to get the nomber instead of taking off the ECU out.

Thanks Ayham and others you let me feel not alone.
            Last edited by Maxi; 10-08-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Autologic is one of the biggest car diagnostics firms in the world. Their scanner comprehensively works on BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Range Rover, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, Audi, etc (you need a dedicated software for each, but all on one device)

They do "wicked" ECU tuning for interested people. But I'm going to ask them if they have developed a firmware update for your car spec. I use them at work and my clients are all happy campers.

Comment

Maxi, you can easly Tune it up for more performance

other than that nothing major , unless your car drives abit lower than before then ill start looking for something els

good luck

Comment

Maxi, I did not mean to say that there are no chips and that your car is un-tunable. It very much is, but what I meant was the ECU number. AutoLogic can hack into it with no problem as if the car was a Gulf spec vehicle. And as far as tuing goes, fuel and ignition maps can be altered regardless what ECU you have. Either by reflash or EPROM chip replacement.
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Originally posted by Maxi View Post
                    I just would like to know if any one did a sys update for the DME & EGS for his e46 at the dealler in uae.

What is the story?
                    my car is 328 99 imported from Japan, I just called the dealer here in Saudi Arabia -Alkhubar inquiring about this, they said there no sys update for this car, even before!! there was no update for it's sys.
                    Is that true?
                    eventhough there is an updates for the DME & EGS in Bmw US spec. as i'm member of many US forum and read many stories about this and how the updating can fix many sys bugs.

** I called Bharain too, they dont have for japanese spec.

Any comments plz.
                    Thanks.
                    Hi Maxi,
                    You should be-able to load the latest software version for both DME and EGS via SSS. (SOFTWARE SERVICE STATION).
                    You need to hook it up to SSS and interigate the whole car and it should come back saying what needs to be pragrammed or what part number it should be,the part that the SSS reads will tell you if its the latest or or not.

If I remember right there was several software fix's between 98 and 2004.

I re-loaded the latest software for my M3/E36/1999 and I found that there was 8 different changes since the build!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Actually there is some issues in the gearbox shifting, but couldent find any thing wrong with it, no codes, the fluid flush + filter changed didnt make any diff.
                      the trans is doing hard shift when cold onley, after driving 30min it'll start dissapear and work fine. I know this not normal at all. and should be fixed.

I heard many stories of issues like this was fixed by updating the sys of EGS.That's why I want to update every thing first,then If updating didnt fix it, eather i'll let a pro michanic to open the control valve and clean or convert to manual. and the last option is coming in my head since long tim.

Thansk people,
                      Last edited by Maxi; 12-08-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Manual > perfect automatic!

You have your motive, do the swap.

Comment

+1^

It's a no brainer bro and a very easy swap I might add.

Comment

Working...
                          X