Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignition coils test. see the result I'v got!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition coils test. see the result I'v got!!

I have replace the spark plugs, and did test for the ignition coils.
    as I heard form some members here that the resistance between the two terminals should be 0.4 - 0.8ohm
    and for the spark plug socket is around 1.8

See the result I've got. is there any thing wrong with my test. the result is 1.2 - 1.3 for all the coils!!! is the coil weak or somting, or it's normal.

I have test all the coils they R functioning, but I donno it they R weak or no.

Regarding the spark plug sokets the result is 1.8-1.9.
    there is some white color insid the socket, but I think no problem about this.

The spark plugs, I have bought the Bosh one, there was no NGK. There is a different in design.

I have diagnosed my esu using Peak tool found no codes.

The car performance is not that much. I'll connect it with Carsoft, and see if there is another porblem.

Also I put in my consideration that the wither is so hot here in Saudi Arabid aroun 39-48 these days, so that sure affect the performance of the car too.

I'll keep maintaining and do what should I do.

my next step is to test the Air mass , and found any vacum leak.

your Comments in my ignition coils resuls will be appreciated.

Thaanks mates.

Originally posted by Maxi View Post
    I have replace the spark plugs, and did test for the ignition coils.
    as I heard form some members here that the resistance between the two terminals should be 0.4 - 0.8ohm
    and for the spark plug socket is around 1.8

See the result I've got. is there any thing wrong with my test. the result is 1.2 - 1.3 for all the coils!!! is the coil weak or somting, or it's normal.

I have test all the coils they R functioning, but I donno it they R weak or no.

Regarding the spark plug sokets the result is 1.8-1.9.
    there is some white color insid the socket, but I think no problem about this.

The spark plugs, I have bought the Bosh one, there was no NGK. There is a different in design.

I have diagnosed my esu using Peak tool found no codes.

The car performance is not that much. I'll connect it with Carsoft, and see if there is another porblem.

Also I put in my consideration that the wither is so hot here in Saudi Arabid aroun 39-48 these days, so that sure affect the performance of the car too.

I'll keep maintaining and do what should I do.

my next step is to test the Air mass , and found any vacum leak.

your Comments in my ignition coils resuls will be appreciated.

Thaanks mates.
    My friend you are waisting your time doing a resistance check on coils as the coils tend to break down under extreme heat and load conditions!

Try doing a smooth running test on this will give you a general idea of coils or an air leak ?

It seams to me that you have an air leak or air mass sensors's

Unplug your air mass senors and take it for a drive ther should be a difference in power if the air mass is faulty!

Also checlk your fuel pump presure it should be around 4 bar on idle and about 6+ bar when driving.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Shak; 09-08-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

thanks mate,
      I just would like to explain me some ideas in details pleas:
      1- Try doing a smooth running test on this will give you a general idea of coils or an air leak . How Can I do that.
      2- Also checlk your fuel pump presure it should be around 4 bar on idle and about 6+ bar when driving. Do you have DIY for that. Is there any special tool I should use?

And how can I be sure that the Ignition coils are fine?
      Thanks,
      Last edited by Maxi; 10-08-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxi View Post
        thanks mate,
        I just would like to explain me some ideas in details pleas:
        1- Try doing a smooth running test on this will give you a general idea of coils or an air leak . How Can I do that.
        2- Also checlk your fuel pump presure it should be around 4 bar on idle and about 6+ bar when driving. Do you have DIY for that. Is there any special tool I should use?

And how can I be sure that the Ignition coils are fine?
        Thanks,
        You said you have carsoft ! so you should be able to diagnoise smooth running and check the coil spark duration and the amount of air being passed via the air mas sensor.

Fuel pressure is checked with a pressure gauge!

Failing this you need a GT1 !

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
          You said you have carsoft ! so you should be able to diagnoise smooth running and check the coil spark duration and the amount of air being passed via the air mas sensor.

Fuel pressure is checked with a pressure gauge!

Failing this you need a GT1 !
          Just for clarification, by doing a smooth running check you mean watch for miss fires or hickups ? And, coil spark duration, you mean spark advance/retard BTDC ?
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
            Just for clarification, by doing a smooth running check you mean watch for miss fires or hickups ? And, coil spark duration, you mean spark advance/retard BTDC ?
            A smooth test will show any ab-normall spark duration (weak) or mixture to rich or lean or any miss fires!

Simple test to check for any air leaks is to run the engine at idle spray some brake cleaner around the intake manifold and around the the cyclone valve(oil seperator) if there is a leak the engine will sound different for a few seconds.

Comment

The brake cleaner trick is and old school method!

Thanks!
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                A smooth test will show any ab-normall spark duration (weak) or mixture to rich or lean or any miss fires!

Simple test to check for any air leaks is to run the engine at idle spray some brake cleaner around the intake manifold and around the the cyclone valve (oil separator) if there is a leak the engine will sound different for a few seconds.
                +1

Hear, hear! I agree completely with what was shared by the good gentleman. Going back to old methods is best at times. It's been tried and tested

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Shak FTW!!!!

Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 07-01-2011, 08:24 AM.
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                  X