AGMC are a bunch of monkeys!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGMC are a bunch of monkeys!!!

Seriously, how these guys can stay in business is beyond me...cut a long story short, I requested a service through their iPhone application. I always replace the entire suspension on every car I buy amongst other parts, you never know what the previous owner has put the car through.

They asked me to pay upfront for the parts, which I refuse to do...and now they refuse to order the parts unless I pay...what the...seriously...I've worked at Toyota Motor Corporation Australia, TRD and Lexus...and I know for a fact they get their parts on a 30 day credit account arrangement with BMW, why would I pay them anything before the work is finished?

So, who would you guys recommend I take my car to for all the work? Or is paying upfront normal in the UAE? Jeep for example never ask me to pay for nothing until I go to pick up my car...so I somehow think it is not normal.

have any of you guys experienced this before with AGMC or do you just take your car somewhere else?

By the way, the title of the thread should be AGMC are a bunch of MONKEYS...not moneys...my bad :D
    Last edited by iGreek; 29-07-2010, 05:08 PM.

Take it to Das Autoworks or the X Service Centre.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thanks Hasan, do you have any contact details for Das? X Service centre are closed, already called them.

Thanks
      JP

Comment

Ayham shall let you know shortly.

He is online.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks man...

Comment

Man, this is a load of BS.

If you can, pass by on Saturday. Call me on 050-6527722 between 9 AM and 6 PM.

Comment

Tell me about it. In Sydney, I did an entire single turbo conversion and auto to manual transmission swap without paying nothing out of my own pocket before the job was finished.

Turbo, FMIC, injectors, ECU, fuel pump, dump pipe, exhaust, air filter, boost controller etc etc etc...all up, about AED50,000 worth of parts and the workshop paid for everything...and this is AGMC and they can't afford to buy struts and wish bones??? Seriously...

Where are you located Ayham? I'll call you saturday and drop by to see you.

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Man, this is a load of BS.

If you can, pass by on Saturday. Call me on 050-6527722 between 9 AM and 6 PM.

Comment

You paying up front is exactly how they stay in business. And don't think that will save them from fcuking up your car or breaking something and making you pay for it. They have to, it's their trademark!!
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

They already ****** up the under-tray. The previous owner took the car there for a safety check before I bought it. I refused to buy it unless he had it checked.

To get to the oil pan they have to remove the under-tray. They removed it, checked, told me the gasket needs to be replaced and now the under tray is hanging down and has been damaged because they didn't put it back properly.

Did they accept responsibility...of course not...so I will refuse to take my car to those monkeys. I would much rather open my own shop like I did in Sydney and ship parts over from Europe than take my car to them.

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                  You paying up front is exactly how they stay in business. And don't think that will save them from fcuking up your car or breaking something and making you pay for it. They have to, it's their trademark!!

Comment

DAS is your way out then! Ayham will take good care of you :) as he's taken care of all of us!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

AGMC sounds like a cheap small garage by what I read in this thread.. :thumbsdown:

Comment

Originally posted by iGreek View Post
                        So, who would you guys recommend I take my car to for all the work? Or is paying upfront normal in the UAE? Jeep for example never ask me to pay for nothing until I go to pick up my car...so I somehow think it is not normal.
                        for your second question, AGMC do have an issue when someone orders something through them. no money = no order.

BS system!

Comment

I don't see the problem with paying for the parts that u order up front! I mean what if so many end up ordering parts and never show up, for whatever reason. U will pay for them regardless, so what is the difference???
                          Just my opinion :)
                          sigpic
                          Audi R8 - White / Blk
                          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

I would pay upfront if they were reliable, but it's the principle and the car industry norm. Spare parts/servicing in the car industry, world wide, pretty much say you pay for everything when your car is finished.

I refuse to pay anything upfront if I don't have a quarantee that the parts will be here in time and fitted in time, knowing AGMC, the parts will be two weeks late and fitting will take 1 week instead of 2 days as quoted.

Besides, there's no real logic behind paying upfront when I know they have a trade account on 60 days credit at least, and they would have my car there anyway, it's not like I will not pay...I mean, I do want my M5 back...I don't pay, they don't release the car...

Anyway, I worked it out with them in the end. The CEO...as it turns out, is Greek... :)

Comment

Glad it worked out for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X