Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine mods in Bahrain

Hi Everyone,
    Hopefuly someone can answer a very troubling question.
    I am currently living in Bahrain, and drive a 1995 e36 325i sports convertible. Its lovely but a bit slow.
    So as some will know I want to supercharge it. No big deal, save up some money give it to MR.E36I and job done.
    However I have just been talking to one of my Bahraini collegues who says that engine mods in Bahrain are illegal, and the car will fail its annual inspection if the engine is changed from stock!
    He says that all modders in Bahrain have to remove mods to get the car legal with the traffic department for the next 12 months.

Can someone shed some light on this please? If its true, it doesn't seem worth the while!

Originally posted by nicktruman View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Hopefuly someone can answer a very troubling question.
    I am currently living in Bahrain, and drive a 1995 e36 325i sports convertible. Its lovely but a bit slow.
    So as some will know I want to supercharge it. No big deal, save up some money give it to MR.E36I and job done.
    However I have just been talking to one of my Bahraini collegues who says that engine mods in Bahrain are illegal, and the car will fail its annual inspection if the engine is changed from stock!
    He says that all modders in Bahrain have to remove mods to get the car legal with the traffic department for the next 12 months.

Can someone shed some light on this please? If its true, it doesn't seem worth the while!
    Thats True Nick

get it registerd frst and pass the ispection then do whatever you want till the next inspection :D

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
      Thats True Nick

get it registerd frst and pass the ispection then do whatever you want till the next inspection :D
      Thats crazy! In the UK you do what ever you like as long as it passes a test and you inform your insurance company :(

What else are you not allowed to do to a car? Is it written down anywhere? :gutted:

Comment

True, especially with the older cars.
        EURO 04 M3
        Current Mods:GC DA's, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo Corners, M5 SMG Knob, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffuser, DIETZ TV in Motion, AP Headers, RT Cats, SS Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, GM SMG Paddles, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R Projectors + 3k D2S, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace

Comment

Your car is slow. I have owned E36 325i and it's not slow, it has nice acceptable performance, unless you have problem somewhere it'll be slow. So you first have to service it, and see what's making it slow, then go to supercharge.

Comment

hi jest give my a call i will talk with you and we will faind samething
            this is my no: 36713131

Comment

Originally posted by Maxi View Post
              Your car is slow. I have owned E36 325i and it's not slow, it has nice acceptable performance, unless you have problem somewhere it'll be slow. So you first have to service it, and see what's making it slow, then go to supercharge.
              Well its not slooow but much slower than i am used to, I would like bit more umphhhhh! I was on the saudi causeway being tailed by a big Saudi "truck" doing quite a speed ;) but i could not shake him! My fezza would haveleft him in my brake dust!! :D

Originally posted by e36bahrain View Post
              hi jest give my a call i will talk with you and we will faind samething
              this is my no: 36713131
              What do you have in mind?

Comment

Working...
              X