need heavy duty control arms for my e46 non-M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need heavy duty control arms for my e46 non-M

I need to change the cotrol arms + boshings. for bushings I may go with Power Flix.
    But for control arms I didnt dicide what to go with. since I need heavey duty sport control arms, because I heard the the OEM regular ones are known of fast wear.

I have seen this in Turnermotorsport site, it's for ZHB ( in America )
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...ID=3112228212x

I dont know if they will fit my car ( I have Euro spec ). and need to know if I can finde them in UAE or in Bahrain.

Any other choice ?
    Any thing must be changed else?...

I need to change mine as soon as possible. the steering is funny :drive:.

Your suggestions please..
    Last edited by Maxi; 26-06-2010, 02:47 PM.

All control arms will bend, heavy duty or not. BMW arms are heavy duty by nature, their age is about 2 years...If you want to upgrade to M3 arms you need to buy the M3 FCAB and its brackets.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Ayaham.. But I think it depends on the material used. have you see the link I posted? many people recomend that one and it's quality which is better than regular OEM.

Comment

E36/E46 front lower arms bushing are weak,

i dont think you need to chang the arms, go with poweflex it will fix your problem with stearing

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
          E36/E46 front lower arms bushing are weak,

i dont think you need to chang the arms, go with poweflex it will fix your problem with stearing
          I have no porblem with Boshings, the Boshings have been changed already before 6 months. That was the big mistak I did, when replaced the boshings whithout replacing the control arms. now I have knocking in the lift control arms, and I have to replace Both arm & boshings!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxi View Post
            I have no porblem with Boshings, the Boshings have been changed already before 6 months. That was the big mistak I did, when replaced the boshings whithout replacing the control arms. now I have knocking in the lift control arms, and I have to replace Both arm & boshings!!.

Its the balljoint lose

We fix them here sometimes , or we replace the arms itself

Comment

Installing these won't fix your problem, they will wear out again. Only difference is sharper handling due to solid ball mounts not rubber ones wich go loose upon wear where solid ones wont unless they worn excessively.

My advice on this, for both better handling and prolonged wear time is go with the E46 M3 control arms WITH PowerFlex bushings. But, remember as Ayham said, you will need the bushing and it's carrier/bracket. This setup will increase negative camber and increase caster on your front wheels which will give you a much more responsive steering and better feel to what's happening down under.
              Now, in reality the PowerFlex bushing will last you longer than the standard rubber units, but don't expect the control arm to. Road conditions vary, how much load (weight) is put in the car and finally driving style are all factors that contribute to the life of the arm. Rule of the thumb on BMW's is to change these every two years, in some countries less and in some more.

Update us on what you're going to do.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                Installing these won't fix your problem, they will wear out again. Only difference is sharper handling due to solid ball mounts not rubber ones wich go loose upon wear where solid ones wont unless they worn excessively.

My advice on this, for both better handling and prolonged wear time is go with the E46 M3 control arms WITH PowerFlex bushings. But, remember as Ayham said, you will need the bushing and it's carrier/bracket. This setup will increase negative camber and increase caster on your front wheels which will give you a much more responsive steering and better feel to what's happening down under.
                Now, in reality the PowerFlex bushing will last you longer than the standard rubber units, but don't expect the control arm to. Road conditions vary, how much load (weight) is put in the car and finally driving style are all factors that contribute to the life of the arm. Rule of the thumb on BMW's is to change these every two years, in some countries less and in some more.

Update us on what you're going to do.
                Installing M3 bushings + arms. that's new Idea for me. I thought that wont fit in my car. I realy want to know details about that. Any one here have done this in his non-M.? and is it expensive?

Comment

You can also install M3 FRONT (not rear) sway bars on Non-M, that would drastically improve your handling

Comment

maybe you are running wrong wheels?

post a pic of the car again, if the offsets are wrong you will destroy your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      maybe you are running wrong wheels?

post a pic of the car again, if the offsets are wrong you will destroy your car.
                      No thing wrong with my wheels, I have the stock 16 inch wheels. I'm planning to install the 18 inch, but I need to upgrade the suspension frist. then I'll go with 18 inch.
                      That was my plan, I'll start with arm & Bushings, then other parts.

Thanks everybody.

Comment

ahhh ok i don't know why i thought you had some aftermarket wheels. change the tierods, stabilizer links, bushings and you will be just fine.

regards,

Comment

Working...
                        X