SES light with other issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SES light with other issues.

I have got used to the water level sensor in the radiator turning on in the dashboard, i checked a few times and it was full everytime. But today, I drove a few kilometers and remembered to check the water level before the engine becomes fully warmed up and becomes impossible. So i opened and I see white thick foam on the surface of the water which eventually, after around 20 seconds, cleared out. I'll post a pic later.

Second issue, the SES light started tunring on as soon as i switch on the car which i found weird.

Third issue, the oil level sensor (yellow light) turned on spontaneously about 2 to 3 times this week but turns off after a few seconds.

Thanks alot guys for your time!!
    Last edited by hamoodi_7; 24-06-2010, 08:38 AM.

Past Ride: E39 530i
    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Those are all sensors related issues. They are not too complicated to be fixed so contact ayham to diagnose the car.

Comment

I hope so man. Because the last thing I need now is a worn out head gasket!

Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

First off, check both water level and oil. E46 usually throw the oil level sensor light on spontaneously because when you start the car, the sump pulls a good amount of oil up to the head and valve train which cause the level to decrease. But, if it keeps going on multiple times in close intervals then you might be low on oil.

White foam doesn't mean you blew your HG, a mix of white creamy stuff means oil and water which is your blown HG. Keep checking it on a daily basis till you take it to the shop because as you said, last thing you want is a blown HG !!
        Good luck and keep us posted..
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Contact Ayham or drop by Das Autoworks, should be a minor sensor problem, they'll take care of it ;)

Comment

Thanks alot guys! Really appreciate it! :bow:

Comment

Working...
            X