Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD Enquiry from AGMC

Well!

About a month back I went to AGMC and met a Parts Advisor. I asked him about the LSD for my B5. Unfortunately, he had no idea what I was talking about. And for no apparent reason, this guy was rather rude and asked me to produce proof that I had the correct part number. I just thought that he was having a bad day and ignored his attitude.

However, I forwarded him the e mail from Alpina (confirming the part number) around 25 days back and asked him to confirm the price and the time it would take the part to reach Dubai.

As of now, I have received no reply from AGMC. I have the Part Advisor a couple of reminders on e mail and have called him several times, but its useless. Each time he says that he has forwarded the query to his manager and they are waiting for a response from Germany.

In the light of my past experience with the Germans, I find it very hard to believe that they would take so much time to respond to a query. I tried to get a quote directly from Alpina and they advised me to come through the local BMW dealer.

Is it an exceptional event, or does AGMC treat all customers like this?

In addition, I would appreciate if anyone could advise how to get a quote for the part from AGMC.

Thanks!

P.S: I am truely disappointed by AGMC. My experience with the dealer in Qatar was mind blowing. I always received privileged tretament. I didn't even have to take appointments for service.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

welcome to AGMC

Comment

I wrote them a ****** e mail today and got the reponse.

They are asking AED 36,000 for the LSD. They still have to get back to me on the labour charges. I believe they should not be more than AED 2,000.

What do you guys think about the price. Is it too bad.

What price range should I expect from 3rd party suppliers.

I appreciate all advise and guidance.

Thanks
      sigpic

Comment

36,000AED for a limited slip differential ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What planet do these morons live on ?!?? Thats 9,800$ !!!!!!!!!!!
        An E60M5's diff is for around 2,000$ from BMW in the States...I say screw them, buy it straight from Alpina and replace it on your own. 36,000AED for a diff is a rediculous number...
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
          36,000AED for a limited slip differential ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What planet do these morons live on ?!?? Thats 9,800$ !!!!!!!!!!!
          An E60M5's diff is for around 2,000$ from BMW in the States...I say screw them, buy it straight from Alpina and replace it on your own. 36,000AED for a diff is a rediculous number...
          :iagree:

I tried to get it directly from Alpina, but they asked me to come through the local BMW dealer. Must be some sort of understanding between them.
          sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Send your query to ayham with the part number he will get it for you for less.
            I'm sure there is a big markup that they're doing?

Comment

AGMC and most BMW dealers live in a parallel universe. Have you tried getting it from part vendors? Central Trading for instance?

Comment

damn!!!!! that's more expensive than my honda!

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                  :iagree:

I tried to get it directly from Alpina, but they asked me to come through the local BMW dealer. Must be some sort of understanding between them.
                  Can't you just purchase it as a part regardless of AGMC or warranty ? There's no way they can say NO...
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    Send your query to ayham with the part number he will get it for you for less.
                    I'm sure there is a big markup that they're doing?
                    +1 Get in touch with Ayham, hes managing Das Autoworks now so should be able to solve this for less easily for you..

BTW, pm me also the part number, will try to find out the actual price and let you know..

Comment

I have sent PMs to Ayham and Ali.

I hope they can give me some good news.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm on it ;)

Comment

Thank you Mr. President!

Words cannot express my gratitude for all the help and guidance that has been extended to me.

I am truely overcome and and proud and honoured to be a member of this club.

Everyone here is just GREAT!

THANK YOU! :thanks2:
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you have been sorted out.... this club exists for this purpose, adding value to owning a BMW and being a BMW enthusiast!

Great work!
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                            X