AC Schnitzer Spring Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Schnitzer Spring Kit

I was planing to install the Eibach Pro kit who cost 1400AED in Power Curves + Labour for fixing 700 AED in Voom Tuning + Alignement I am not sure maybe an other 500 AED in AGMC.
    So I call my BMW AGMC who sale AC Scnitzer and they told me the AC Schnitzer Spring Kit will cost me 2700 AED inluding fixing and alignement.

So for 100 AED I rather get it fix in BMW dealer rather than in a cheap garage !

But the drop with the AC Schnitzer Spring Kit is 3cm front and 2cm Rear and Eibach Pro kit is only 2cm Front and 1.2cm Rear.
    So what do you think AC Schnitzer Spring Kit is a too agressive drop ?
    Any advises are really welcome!
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Jacky - x; 18-06-2010, 02:36 AM.

Care to tell us what E46 do you drive ? Sedan ? Coupe ? M3 ? A little more info would help you to get reply quickly, we have lots of E46 enthusiasts on board, stay tuned till they wake up..

Comment

Sorry Ssense, I forgot. I own a 318 Ci E46 2004 (facelift) with OEM 18'' style 135 double spoke and low profile Michelin pilot sport front 225/40/18 & rear 255/35/18.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Just ordered today, should be install on the 12th July, then I'll post some pics!

Comment

Keep us updated :)

Comment

i didnt know AGMC still had performance upgrade for the e46 range.... Will it be the same cost for the e46 M3 AC schnitzer springs? Any idea Jacky-x?
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Too expensive for a pretty-much-OEM aftermarket springs set.

Comment

It seems you're a bit too impatient. I believe your numbers are a bit off; AED 1400 for the springs is somehow close because their US 325 on EAS, but 700 for installation and 500 for alignment, it's not an SLR man. You could have gotten the Eibachs online and the whole thing wouldn't have cost more than say AED 1700, if not less, saving you 1000 bucks, and I believe the ACS springs will give you a very aggressive drop, and a massive headache each time you literally climb on a speed bump, let alone road imperfections.

Comment

First of all thank you for your answers,
                    @ Wazif, I’m not sure if the prices for AC Schnitzer Springs Kit or AC Schnitzer Sport suspension are the same for any E46.
                    @ Ayham, I heard somewhere AC Schnitzer Springs are manufactured by Eibach, so the price will be of course more expensive, since it’s only designed to fit BMW, not like Eibach or H&R who fit Japanese cars as well and the quality will be at least the same or better.
                    @ Haitham, AGMC, informed me about the drop with AC Schnitzer Springs Kit: Front 25mm, Rear 16mm. The Eibach pro Kit (which is less aggressive than Eibach Pro Kit and even less aggressive than H&R cup kit) is almost the same Front 25mm and Rear 10mm. Some more, there is a margin of 3 mm.
                    So, the AC Schnitzer Springs Kit seems to be a very moderate drop almost like the Eibach Pro kit which I heard is the most confortable springs on the market. That’s why I am disagreeing with you and I don’t think the ride will be too harsh as you said. BMW also informed they are the only one who can do the alignments because most of the garage who claim they can do it, don’t even know the rear suspension as well have to be aligned. Some more they will receive a special software from AC Schnitzer to be able to do the alignement with my new AC Schnitzer Springs.

Comment

Good Luck!
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I wouldn't put serious thought into what AGMC says all the time; lots of people align their car at those indy shops, in fact I heard a story once where someone aligned their car at the agency (not a BMW) and they couldn't get it right and quoted him thousands to change "the damaged wheels" that caused the alignment to fail over and over, and the guy at the indy shop aligned it for him in a second! I'm not saying this is the case with AGMC, but what they claim is simply not true. If you want to have the peace of mind and the 2-year-warranty that comes with your ACS springs and the hassle-free AGMC installation then mazeltov mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky - x View Post
                          Anyone?
                          Originally posted by Jacky - x View Post
                          Just ordered today, should be install on the 12th July, then I'll post some pics!
                          Hi Jacky
                          Sorry for late reply coz of the damn work :D, do you ordered only the spring kit? or u ordered also the shock absorber?
                          In my case i ordered 4 H&R Sport Springs, 4 Bilstein Monotube Sport Shocks and installed those at AD motors which I’m so happy to deal with them (coast me around AED 1,400 removing all parts, installing the new parts with full alignment).

The lowering of your car will differ depending on if you have the standard suspension or the factory sport suspension (I believe your E46 318Ci had standard suspension similar to my ride but for coupe), my car now lower of (Front: -1.4", Rear:-.75").

Good luck and keep us updated :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Dear Haitham, I am 100% agree with you when you say do not trust AGMC. In fact, I heard so many bullshits from their arrogant Service Advisors or Accessories Department’s staff that just seems they don’t care or maybe think I am stupid. Anyway, I learn my lesson (the hard way) and now I speak directly to the Germans Service Managers. So if anything goes wrong they usually will fix it, give me a discount and offer me Valet Cleaning.
                            Most of the people in AGMC or other garages are not professional and gave me wrong information. That’s why I spend hours on internet to find these informations. And most of the times I have more knowledge about BMW service or accessories than AGMC staffs. But, when the German Service Manager informed me they are the only one who can do the alignments, perhaps I am too naïve but I am keen to trust him. And for the same reasons and bad experiences I had with AGMC staffs I just cannot trust any Indy Garage. As all the other business, trust is essential and of course you have to pay for it! So that's why I decided to go for AGMC to fix my AC Schnitzer Spring Kit.

Comment

Dear Jacky

I agree with your decision. Satisfaction and peace of mind is more important than money.

I hope everything goes smoothly. Please post som epictures of before and after the mod.

Good Luck!
                              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                              X