M5- RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M5- RPM

On which RPM should be the arrow when the car is on (N) ? because sometimes it stays between 600-700 rpm, and sometimes it goes up to 900rpm ... without using the AC... y is that ? yeah something else, the rpm starts to play (it goes up n down) everytime I refill petrol, is that normal ? I usually switch the engine off..

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Why did u start too many threads? One general thread about the E60 M5 would be enough and you ask everything you want to know about it in it.

Comment

Sorry for that, Im still new here...

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

No problem....it'd be easier for you to keep track of the answers.

Always switch your engine off while refueling, especially when from totally empty. Reason is to prevent lines blockage probable from residue debris in the tank stirred up be the incoming fuel jet. The RPM dip is normal, it's from the fuel pump level sensor as it adjusts its flow and pressure.
        Last edited by Ayham; 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

So the air mass sensor has nuthen to do with tht ?
          bcuz sometimes when its on (N) it moves from 600rpm to 900rpm, it keeps on doing that every 2 minutes..

Comment

Yes if this is happening in times other than the gas pump then it's most likely your MAF on its way out.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Its normal. The idle rises and goes down depending what she desires. Now if the idle changes rapedly from 700 up to 1000 and back down like 10 times a minute then u have something wrong.

Other than that its normal

Comment

Imad , give us a break dude ,, at least one thread a week :D ,,,

back to topic : this is normal for the S65's engines ,, when the cats get cold a bit ( it has nothing to do with UAE weather ) , the ECU raises the RPM to almost 900 to heat it up a little bit to perform as what it should be ,,, nothing to do with MAF's , or gas refill ,, if the Idle is not stable , then we are talking about something else ..

good luck ,, sounds like you need a proper class of how to E60 M5 . :lol:

Comment

Thanks every1, I really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                    Imad , give us a break dude ,, at least one thread a week :D ,,,

back to topic : this is normal for the S65's engines ,, when the cats get cold a bit ( it has nothing to do with UAE weather ) , the ECU raises the RPM to almost 900 to heat it up a little bit to perform as what it should be ,,, nothing to do with MAF's , or gas refill ,, if the Idle is not stable , then we are talking about something else ..

good luck ,, sounds like you need a proper class of how to E60 M5 . :lol:
                    People learn dude, no body born knwing everything.. and yes, I'd be happy to get every single detail about the E60 engine & gear box.. I used to spend lots of time in industrial areas learning and working... and if im bothering every1 here with my questions then simply dont reply, thanks to every1 again

Comment

Originally posted by I-mad View Post
                      People learn dude, no body born knwing everything.. and yes, I'd be happy to get every single detail about the E60 engine & gear box.. I used to spend lots of time in industrial areas learning and working... and if im bothering every1 here with my questions then simply dont reply, thanks to every1 again
                      you've got to get used to Ehssan :rofl: he means no harm buddy he just likes teasing people ;) ..

Always ask questions, don't hold them back ;).. this is why we have the forum..
                      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Its fine man... My respect for both of you :)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                          you've got to get used to Ehssan :rofl: he means no harm buddy he just likes teasing people ;) ..

Always ask questions, don't hold them back ;).. this is why we have the forum..
                          +1 ..:D

Comment

Working...
                          X