M5 Oil !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M5 Oil !

Im using the Castrol Oil for my M5... Which oil is the best for M engines ?
    Can anyone explain to me why do I need to refill oil every 4000-5000 km ?

Castrol TWS 10W60 is the oil that is recommended for all M engined cars.. The reason why you have to refill is because our cars consume and burn oil, so every 5000 Kms or depends how hard you drive, the oil level becomes less, hence its always good to refill to keep up the healthy level..

I change the oil for my M5 every 5000 Kms, but then, each to his own, some refill and some change ;)

Comment

Where does the burned oil go ? Sorry for the questions but I wanna learn more about M engines... can I get it from any petrol station ?

Comment

Originally posted by I-mad View Post
        Where does the burned oil go ? Sorry for the questions but I wanna learn more about M engines... can I get it from any petrol station ?
        Where does the oil go ? Good question, cuz even I never thought of it :rofl:

Regarding the oil, you can never get it at any petrol station, you can find it only at any BMW spare parts shop or the dealer.. Dont even go close to the petrol stations for an oil change :nono:

Remember,ONLY Castrol TWS 10W60 ! Here's a sample pic of the oil:

and this is what it says from behind:

Last edited by SSense; 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I dont get it... does it has 2 tanks for oil or what ? because they told me ur service will be after 20,000 Km... but I hav to refill oil every 4000-5000 Km... isnt it the same oil or what ? sorry for bothering bro :)

Comment

Originally posted by I-mad View Post
            I dont get it... does it has 2 tanks for oil or what ? because they told me ur service will be after 20,000 Km... but I hav to refill oil every 4000-5000 Km... isnt it the same oil or what ? sorry for bothering bro :)
            No, all cars have only one tank for oil.. As I said before, M engines consume/drink oil, thats why the dealer also tells you to refill every 5000 Kms.. The oil i suggested is the same your dealer also uses, so dont worry ;)

Comment

Thanks bro for ur valuable info. I really appreciate it ;)

Comment

believe all E60 M5's are drinking oil :confused:

better to keep a spare bottle with you at all times.....

Btw, is AGMC selling these quarts?
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

A certain portion of the oil gets consumed and turned into vapor, vapor escapes through the "breather" in the crank case. Hence, you need to refill or top-up every 3000-5000km to make up for the loss through vapor.
                  Last edited by Ayham; 10-06-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

If you don't rev the car above 5,000 rpm, too often.

The oil loss should be minimum.
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thanks Ayham... I would appreciate if you could help me in learning more about the engine and gear-box... This is wot I really care about :D.. tc bro

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Nothing like opening and rebuilding engines, taking apart suspensions, and servicing drivetrain parts :D

And for that, I started Das Autoworks to make my hobby my career ;) btw, am an AUS mechanical engineering graduate (2005)

And hassan's point is the key to your oil consumption.

Comment

Mashalla bro, I would love to meet you... I used to spend 12 hours in industrial areas trying to learn more about the mechanical parts of the car, especially engines... Last thing I did was learning how to fix the Turbo of an Audi TT..
                          Nway, thanks again to you and to hassan for ur info.

Comment

dudes

10W 60 sport, tsw etc every type is available guess where???

at Carrefours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and at a special discounted price

could not believe my eyes...

Comment

Pathfinder...are you sure??? Wallah im gonna go get it now!
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                              X