Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 Convertible Carbon Fiber door cards

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know if there is somewhere in the region that sells carbon fiber door cards for a 2 door e36 convertible? the sun has just about destroyed the leather vinyl ones in my car, and its not looking good :( I figure CF door trims would look awesome and let me fit better speakers in as well.

Or maybe there is somewhere that can make some custom panels in grp with a CF look?

Cheers
    Nick

Hey Nick... check out this thread for CF cloth info, might be what you're looking for :)

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...ighlight=cloth
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

hey i hope u will find it bro it well be nice ..
      if u seen any E36 coupe door cards with wooden finish please let me know i want to put the 2 sides with original wooden finish .
      sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I've seen only one E36 with CF door panels, and , you guessed it right, they were custom jobs. I'll look the car up and give you some leads.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
          Hey Nick... check out this thread for CF cloth info, might be what you're looking for :)

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...ighlight=cloth
          Heh Ahmad,
          I have now orderded some Charcoal carbon fiber cloth :) Thanks for the link!
          Last edited by nicktruman; 26-05-2010, 10:56 AM. Reason: fingers don't work doh

Comment

most welcome
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

OK So I ordered some Charcoal carbon fibre cloth. Eventually it turned up, communications with the seller in the US was pretty bad, no reply to emails etc..
              I ordered 1 yard, and it looks like textured carbon fibre vinyl on a very thin material/cloth base.
              Anyway, so i proceed to strip out the broken door cards, and take off the leatherette where it has peeled off. The main part of my E36's door cards are OK, its just the common area the insert where the door handles go.
              The passenger side came right off, and the old rubber/leather stuff peeled off easily.
              So I cut out some of the new carbon fibre cloth, using high temperature loctite spray glue I start sticking it on. The door card insert is a very complicated shape, but after sometime I got it looking quit nice. I still recon it looks like a door covered in vinyl but I'm willing to give it a go.

The driver's side was much tougher, the bmw leatherette would not come off and it took the best part of a day and much cursing to remove it. but i got there.
              I left the panels inside to cure overnight then the next morning I fitted them. They looked ok for about an hour... the material started to sag and go out of shape. Last weekend the temp got to 50 degs C, so maybe it was just too much.

So now back to the drawing board... I need a pair of carbon fibre door inserts for a 2 door 1995 e36 convertible :(

See below some pictures.. So then I had to go back to the UK because my brother died, whilst I am at my parent’s house I take a look at my old Ferrari in my Dad’s garage... that is not a nice picture!!
              Attached Files

Comment

im sorry to hear about your brother's death, it's not easy to lose a loved one. i would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Comment

Sad news indeed!

May his soul rest in peace.
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    im sorry to hear about your brother's death, it's not easy to lose a loved one. i would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
                    Thank you friends, it has been a difficult time for us all.

Comment

im sorry to hear about your brother's death, the feeling of losing a loved one is beyond any.... i would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

sorry to hear that nick
                        May his soul rest in peace.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Nick.. My condolonces to you and to your family, may your brother's soul rest in peace..

Comment

Thank you everyone. He was very sick and is now in peace..

Comment

R.I.P dude, condolences to the family.
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X