BMW Problem please read!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Problem please read!!

ok so i bought a brand new 2010 bmw 118i with 50km deliver milege. and i let the engine break in and wasnt harsh on it at all, but now it has reached about 1200-1400 km and its just a month that i had this car.

today i went to take my car out when i saw oil spills under my car!!
    and i dont know how they could have happend because i havent done anything to it.

now i am scared to turn the car on as if it dosent have any oil in it i would destroy the engine cylinders.

so what can i do please give me some advice.

and could it be possible if any one here could tell me what this spill is and if anyone has ever experinced this before?

thank you.

make sure there is oil in the engine. i'm assuming you already turned the car on and moved it... but regardless open the oil dip stick and check it to see if you have oil in there or not. you might want to wipe it the first time.

you don't start the engine regardless. call the agm--f***-c and tell them to come pick up their car and fix it for you.

in short it might be either be your engine leaking from some pipe, or steering oil.

are you sure u didn't scrap the car from underneath?

Comment

thanks no i haven't and is their a dip stick in the car? because i have looked evrywhere for one and i don't see it.

can you tell me if there is on on there.

Comment

i totally forgot that BMW now uses electronic gauge and got rid of the stick... check your oil level from your screen. yet i don't know if this electronic guage is applied on the 118 check in your manual in the glovebox

Comment

i have that stupid electronic thing which i dont trust for one bit!!

Comment

dont start the car... what is it saying? trun on the ignition.

Comment

the meter is showing low really low but its say's ok.

Comment

you better call AAA

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

thanks alot guys for helping me out. i am just gana call agmc because my car is still under warranty.

Comment

Yes, dont risk driving the car, call the dealer and ask them to come and pick it up..

Hate the idea of not having a dipstick !!

Comment

+1 somethings need to kept traditional and manual....or atleast as contigency....electronic measure is not 100 percent reliable
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                        thanks alot guys for helping me out. i am just gana call agmc because my car is still under warranty.
                        im sorry to hear that, did you call the damn agency? wht is the status? and the guys said...hate the idea of the new tech. regarding the dipstick!!!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.592 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Dipstick is indeed very practical but the oil lvl sensors in the new models r very accurate I can tell ya,the hassle though is that u have to dig year way through that crappy computer to get a readin...
                          Darius keep us posted bro! Did agmc take ur car or not yet? Was it engine oil?
                          sigpic

Comment

sorry havent benn on this fourm. yeah i gave my car in on thursday and they told me they will give me call. but till now they haven't done anything!! i am just worried about that

Comment

They should be held responsible if you haven't done anything to the car. It's barely break in mileage.
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X