Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E60 Wind Noise

Hey Gang:

I am experiencing quite noticeable wind noise at speeds of over 70kmph. It feels as if some vent or something is open and wind is gushing in. I checked all the windows and the doors and they are sitting flush. Could it be the sun-roof? Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks.

mkay its hard to jump into conclusions... check the rubber seals, or try to trace the wind noise and then report.

Comment

Originally posted by mkay80 View Post
      Hey Gang:

I am experiencing quite noticeable wind noise at speeds of over 70kmph. It feels as if some vent or something is open and wind is gushing in. I checked all the windows and the doors and they are sitting flush. Could it be the sun-roof? Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks.
      Hi mate,

E60 are well known for wind noise,the most common fault is the front windscreen rubber seal and also it could be your sunroof.

Simlpe check is to use masking tape and tape up the sunroof gaps and then drive and then tape up the front screen rubber seal and drive the car.

Simple check but very effective
      Last edited by Shak; 22-04-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

i'm thinking this should be a seal...... is your car often parked under the sun? if so you must be able to see cracks in the rubber..

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
          Hi mate,

E60 are well none for wind noise,the most common fault is the front windscreen rubber seal and also it could be your sunroof.

Simlpe check is to use masking tape and tape up the sunroof gaps and then drive and then tape up the front screen rubber seal and drive the car.

Simple check but very effective
          That's a nice suggestion :goodpost:, I will try it out on Friday. It feels as if the noise is coming from front - could be the windscreen.

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
          i'm thinking this should be a seal...... is your car often parked under the sun? if so you must be able to see cracks in the rubber..
          Ever since I got it (last week), it's always parked in shade - don't know about before.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
            Hey shak,

I hope this masking tape won't leave any residue and spoil the paint?

Comment

^ when you're done whipe it out with a bit of polish..

i like the masking tape idea.

Comment

Working...
              X