Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW US vs GCC specs

Guys,
    a friend of mine is looking for a BMW and he asked me what is the difference between GCC and US specs in BMWs, and if it is fine to buy a US spec here in UAE regarding heating problems, warranty .....etc
    I thought no one else will know about BMWs more than BMW club UAE your input is highly appreicated :)
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

What car is your friend buying and is he buying it brand new ? If its brand new then the International warranty will surely be applicable to him..

Major differences that he will notice are the different speedometer and radio frequency, rest about heating I dont think there will be any issue, but lets wait for other's input to confirm.. :)

Comment

what car?... no obviously there is no warranty unless the car is 2 years old due to the 2yr international warranty given by BMW

Comment

it is an X5, but even a list of comparison will not harm, i mean we can make a list of the models and differences for future reference
        I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Which model x5? 53 or 73? engine?
          Last edited by Bruno; 13-04-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

nothing other than what the guys mentioned :)

the savings are usually worth it especially if he'll keep the cars for a couple years :)

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Which model x5? 53 or 73? engine?
              WTF is a 73 ? or do you mean 70 ? :spank::spank:

USA cars have there engine's de-tuned due to there strict emission policy's,

Comment

Ohh lol yeah I meant that

Comment

No FM radio, speedo, no drilled brakes in M models, cats are closer to engine to heat earlier, torquier low end, cup holders (few GCC cars have them). Thats from the top of my head...

Comment

Well, i agree with Ayham on everything except for the FM radio, my car has an FM radio even though its american specs. Moreover, i doubt that there'll be any heating problems because my car is from 2003 and no heating problems so far (mashallah). Temperature in degrees C and F can be adjusted in a second as well as the radio region. A few more minor differences here and there. Wait for more fb from the guys and GOOD LUCK! :D

Past Ride: E39 530i
                    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

i don't think ayham meant the US car won't have FM radio....... he probably meant that the FM radio doesn't detect stations ending with even digit such as 104.4 :)

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

^^ Ma man!! ;)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.592 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Indeed It won't, but still a minor issue on my opinion
                          sigpic

Comment

Good luck for your friend in advance, if the saving worths then go for the US spec.

Comment

Working...
                            X