Clutch Slipping on e46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Slipping on e46 M3

I have a Problem since almost a 6 month with my car..and since AGMC and X Service failed to fix it..i got used to it and i am ignoring it...wish anyone would have any Hint..
    Problem Description:
    From 6 month approximately, me and My colleague went on a Racing from Vi=0 with maximum Torque: my Car (E46 M3) VS Infiniti G35..sure I killed Him  after the race the SMG light went On and the car was not shifting at high RPMs, in other words: if you push full Kick down, at the point where the car should shift to the next gear: the Gear Number at the Dash Board will keep Blinking until you release Gas..
    I drove the car to X-Service, and there they informed me: it is either Clutch, or Clutch & Flywheel…so after taking out the Gear Box..they informed me that it is only the Clutch, as the FlyWheel still in a Very Good condition..we ordered the Clucth..wait for 10 days..we received it: Clutch KIT LUK Brand..we replaced it and a major service to the car done..i took the car driving it very happy as really the performance was a lot better..but I didn’t tried all the shifts..as it was shifting perfect 1-2-3 with full RPM….
    Like after few days..i was driving the car at the highway..and I noticed the same slipping happening again but only from 3rd to 4th gear..ONLY !! if you push full kick down: 1-2 Perfect..2-3: perfect..3-4: The gear Number will blink until you slightly release gas then it will engage and you can then keep going…
    Again Drove back to X service: they couldn’t reach to any cause..and they told me it may be the Pump..but I doubt as it is the Pump: I should notice any leak or any CHF Oil loss..and it is the PUMP then how could it shift from 1-2-3 and then 4-5-6 perfect !!!!

Any idea?
    sigpic

i have one small comment, I believe your car has done over 195,000 KM if the pump was never changed before then it's about time to be changed.

Comment

How much mileage is on the clock?

Comment

i think over 200k. nassem confirm please

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          i think over 200k. nassem confirm please
          ya..it is now 196K
          sigpic

Comment

Hi,
            Naseem as per my experience the pump should live about 100K Give or take. make sure if your pump is working perfectly.
            if you go back to X srv. speak to Mark and ask him to do a test to the pump and do a reading while driving the car and how much pressure it's generating while shifting gears.
            To leave the world far behind...
            sigpic
            ////\/\
            IS THE ANSWER

Comment

Mashaallah....///M engine still smoked the G35 after clockin 196k!
              ________
              Zoloft problems
              Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:48 AM.
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

there are few things in mind that could cause this problem but i need to be in few tests to see the issue and then say.

I can meet at X if you want. and we can discuss the issue there.
                sigpic
                ////\/\
                IS THE ANSWER

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                  Mashaallah....///M engine still smoked the G35 after clockin 196k!
                  Bavarians, at there absolute art:thanks:
                  sigpic
                  ////\/\
                  IS THE ANSWER

Comment

itismeyousef..i appreciate alot your help..
                    since that problem happened to me i called Mark.and he informed me that it may be the Pump..but i ignored the problem for a time being as i am not pushing so far on the engine in this very Hot days...but it is pleasure to meet you anytime..i work for DU and i will be finishing at 5 PM...just assign a date for meeting..and why not if today..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeyousef View Post
                      Bavarians, at there absolute art:thanks:
                      since that problem happened to me i called Mark.and he informed me that it may be the Pump..but i ignored the problem for a time being as i am not pushing so far on the engine in this very Hot days...but it is pleasure to meet you anytime..i work for DU and i will be finishing at 5 PM...just assign a date for meeting..and why not if today..
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
                        the issue needs some time, i think the thing to do is to meet there in a morning time, maybe on Saturday
                        sigpic
                        ////\/\
                        IS THE ANSWER

Comment

Working...
                        X