e36 parts costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 parts costs?

In preparation of hopefully finding a nice clean e36 328 or 325 coupe SOON. Want to know the costs of the following:

1-One thing that surely malfunctions is the window mechnisam to auto adjust itself (by 5 mm or so) when the door is open-closed.
    What is required to remidy this? The entire motor mechanism ? If so how much would that cost per side?
    2-Engine gasket.
    3-Front & rear wheel bearings.

These are all the things that went wrong with my 94 318is model. Plus the same issues with the 2 e36 coupe i have seen recently.

Anything in particular costs i must factor in purchasing a 120-150K KM car.

Thanks in advance.
    Current
    03 e46 M3
    01 Audi RS4 Avant
    07 Jeep SRT8

Past
    05 e46 M3
    00 Audi S6 Avant
    00 GTI VR6
    04 R32
    08 GTI
    94 Corrado VR6
    04 BMW 528i
    94 Bmw 318is

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

It could be the motor or a relay if I'm not mistaken. Motor is for around 1,000dhs new or 500dhs used. For pricing estimates, check www.realoem.com.

Comment

Samaj your X 5 series is parked daily at the DIP!
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Wow really.........? would loe to c her again. I had sold it to a chap from ADH.
        Where exactly?
        Current
        03 e46 M3
        01 Audi RS4 Avant
        07 Jeep SRT8

Past
        05 e46 M3
        00 Audi S6 Avant
        00 GTI VR6
        04 R32
        08 GTI
        94 Corrado VR6
        04 BMW 528i
        94 Bmw 318is

Comment

Hakawati in DIP... right in front of the pond
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

1-One thing that surely malfunctions is the window mechnisam to auto adjust itself (by 5 mm or so) when the door is open-closed.

First you need to check your door micro switch and that your interior light is working of the door ?

You can also try a battery reset.

The micro switch is linked to the general module and that in-tern powers the window to drop.

If your window is going up and down of its switch than the motor is fine its a simple fix ! (door micro switch)

Comment

Thanks Dr. Shak. Wish u were there with X service 8 years ago when i brought my 318is with the same issue. They spent 3-4 hours & charged be Dhs 200 for the time spent but with no solving of my problem:(.

In any case have had many good experience with 'X' service. Will surely return when i get my new ride.

Cheers

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post

First you need to check your door micro switch and that your interior light is working of the door ?

You can also try a battery reset.

The micro switch is linked to the general module and that in-tern powers the window to drop.

If your window is going up and down of its switch than the motor is fine its a simple fix ! (door micro switch)
              Current
              03 e46 M3
              01 Audi RS4 Avant
              07 Jeep SRT8

Past
              05 e46 M3
              00 Audi S6 Avant
              00 GTI VR6
              04 R32
              08 GTI
              94 Corrado VR6
              04 BMW 528i