Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Filter K&N

Hi,

I want to ask you about the K&N filter, I checked the site and found it provides 11.46 HPs for 330ci.

Is that true? Any better air filters for better performance?

Here is the link:
    http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-1001

Try AFE filters.
    About 11 HP, really doubt.
    But it will increase the sound coming from the engine bay, so U'll think that the car is faster than it is )))

Rides:
    BMW E93 325i 2008 - Current
    BMW E92 M3 2012 - Current
    BMW S1000RR 2013 - Current

Comment

The sound is enough man ;)

Which one gives louder sound? Louder is better!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

You want sound, get the Gruppe M intake!

Intakes do not increase horsepower, it's a hoax. It improves throttle response, u lose low end torques, and u damage your MAF sensor.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (AK47's Blackberry: BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

In other words... Forget it!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice Ayham and Ahmad!

Comment

I speak from 2 previous experiences and I can tell you that this isn't exactly true. My old 318is had a K&N filter on it and the car was running fine and I pulled on another 318is and even more powerful cars. My old E46 330i had an AFE intake on it and it never suffered anything from noticeable torque loss or MAF damage. Just clean it every 10,000KM and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                Hi,

I want to ask you about the K&N filter, I checked the site and found it provides 11.46 HPs for 330ci.

Is that true? Any better air filters for better performance?

Here is the link:
                http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-1001

Within yourself you already know that answer is no and these figures are not true but you just wanted to ask. I can understand that. And I hope this thread doesn’t turn into a debate.

However, i see you are leaning towards the dark side. I hope we get to see some mods in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  Within yourself you already know that answer is no and these figures are not true but you just wanted to ask. I can understand that. And I hope this thread doesn’t turn into a debate.

However, i see you are leaning towards the dark side. I hope we get to see some mods in the near future.
                  I was 90% sure it's not true but those 10% lead to open this thread because I will not take my car to dyno to check HP before and after. I now realized that 330 is a poor car to mod : (

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                    I now realized that 330 is a poor car to mod : (
                    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/330.shtml

Comment

Thanks Haitham! You are good supporter ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X