Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Shifter

Hi,

I would like to know if there is shifter shorter than the Z3 OEM?

What about the E46 M3 shifter?

Which one you advise me to install on my 330ci manual gear to gain the shortest hand shifting and to feel the best sport drive ever?

Thanks for BMW Club UAE.

who said the Z3 OEM and E46 M3 shifters are short ??

Comment

I remembered in Rany's post, you mentioned that Z3 OEM provides the shortest hand shifting :D

Please advise Hassoun basha :)

Comment

OK let me help you ,, you want shorter than 50% of the current one you have ,, you have to be a body builder :) , but if you really need a good advice ? , go for the Z3M shifter ,, you save a lot of money and you get an amazing result..

Comment

Yes I am building muscles now, I know it will require too much hand power but I am strong enough : P

I appreciate your advice, so Z3M is the shortest one? Do you think there will be compatibility issues with my car?

Comment

once it's OEM ,, there will be no issues whatsoever ..

if you need the part # , let me know ..

Comment

Which one Rany ordered? Is it good?

Can you order for me if you do not mind of course :D Please send me the link if you have it..

Comment

you better check with Rani first as I didn't get in touch with him after he received the shifter .. and I'm really sorry dude ..but it wasn't as easy as I thought to order from US .. I had to drive all the way to the main post office which is like 40 KM far from where I live . ,, wait in a queue for 50 minutes .. just to collect the shifter ,,

I'm sorry again Bisho ... but i hope you understand the situation ..

Comment

Oh really!! Of course I do understand man walaw! If I know it will delay you 1 single mint I will not ask you for that 3ayb..

But why it is like that?

I will see if my brother in USA can find an easy way..

Thanks a lot Ehssan :)

Comment

get the Z3M shifter ,, simply you can order it from any BMW spare parts shop in Abu Dhabi ..and it's like 150 dirhams as far as I remember .. the cheapest mod I've ever done on a car .. anyway good luck and if u need any help , let me know .. :)

Comment

Really?? I will call Al Namoothaj tomorrow nsha Allah and order if if possible...

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                        you better check with Rani first as I didn't get in touch with him after he received the shifter .. and I'm really sorry dude ..but it wasn't as easy as I thought to order from US .. I had to drive all the way to the main post office which is like 40 KM far from where I live . ,, wait in a queue for 50 minutes .. just to collect the shifter ,,

I'm sorry again Bisho ... but i hope you understand the situation ..

hello all

ehssan it was very nice from you to help me get my shifter i know how much it take from your time highly appriciate brother ,, the time i tested first time i sent you msg :D its an amazing modification really,,

Bisho as per our telephone conversation today it depends on ur money and time dear :) i tried the one Ehssan order its amazing really
                        sigpic
                        • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                        and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Thanks Rani for the updates and for your call, I will see if I find any of Z3M or yours in UAE, will buy the available one.

Comment

Glad you Happy with it dude ,, no hard feeling , when I said I will help you ordering it , I really meant to help you and I did .. but i didn't know it's gonna be this much hard ..

but i'm really happy to hear the result from you ... ;)

Comment

Ehssan, I checked one of the sites you gave Rani, http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...=SHIFT%20LEVER

I decided to go for Z3M shifter, to which one should I go:
                              1. Z3 M3.2 (1998-00) Coupe/Roadster with S52 Engine (Z3)
                              OR 2. Z3 M3.2 (2001-02) Coupe/Roadster with S54 Engine (Z3)

Will they be compitable with my car? Are they OEM?

A friend here in Abu Dhabi will order it, hope it will work out.

Hints appreciated..

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X