shocking story !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocking story !!!

A customer of mine (X SERVICE CENTRE) had a problem with his/her E46 car window regulator not working.
    She was unable to come the X centre due to the fact that there was a garage very close to her home.
    She opted to try this garage out for the first time.
    By the way its a --- garage.
    So she drops the E46 with only a window regulator problem and nothing else and waits for a call ! the telephone call came within a couple of hours to say that she needed brake disc's and pads all-round and a new window regulator.
    Total cost over 4000 dhs.

She replied over the phone that the brakes were all replaced 4 weeks ago at the X centre and should be all new!

She replied saying leave the brakes just do the window regulator what the car came in for !

She became very suspicious and said she will be collecting the car in a couple of hours.

The guy replied we are unable to finish your car today so please come tomorrow. (It takes me 45 min to replace a regulator and not 2 days)

So she went the next day to pick up her car. Paid the bill for the window regulator and was about to drive of when she noticed the brake pad warning light was on !!!!!!!

She drove the car to the X centre were I inspected the all the brakes and discs.

All the discs were well below the minimum thickness !! and brake pads worn down to the metal.

The moral of this story is because my customer declined the work for all the brakes they swapped all the disc and pads and fitted old worn parts!

This I know because all our pads and discs are spray painted with grey brake anti squeak paist.The pads and discs on the car were just rusted and old!

Brake discs and pads dont ware down to the metal in 4 weeks unless your on the track which I dont think a 48 year old woman would do

So guy's what do you think is this practice common in Dubai? are people that f----n desperate to make a quick buck?

Not one to mention the Garage name.:spank::spank:

OMG...man just tell me that garage name and i will be goin next morning to beat the crap out of the guys over there... ! I mean seriously wtfff, she should go to the police or something !

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I am not surprised, I have heard of such stories mate throughout my career in this industry. But tbh, not in a long time. This is BS....there are name and shame channels here in Dubai that do "guaranteed" reputation damage. Let me know if she's interested.

Comment

First of all its very sad that such things happen in this country..

Its very true that some garages in Dubai and Sharjah have this kind of practice common to loot women cuz they think women have no idea about cars and will pay a huge amount when they're told their cars have major problems or else its at risk..

The old woman has all the right to sue the garage and since you're the proof of installing the brake pads couple of weeks ago and know that they have been changed, Im sure you can drag them to the court..

BTW Shak, we would really appreciate if you mention the name of the garage, for us to be aware of it and not risk taking our cars to such culprits + we could add their name to the black-list of inappropriate garages !

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I understand why shak wudn't post their name since he's running a "colleague" service center. This should only be posted by the/a client to avoid business-to-business conflicts.

Comment

Sorry to hear that! I am supporting Ali, it's very important to know the garage name to blacklist it!

Comment

the black list is getting bigger :D
              most garages in UAE = ignorance and/or laziness and/or high rates and/or bad service
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

that is just shocking news! always had a fear that these --- garages do such cheap acts to gain a few bucks or try to get that customer to go back to them! they deliberately put faults into the car or put in a quick temp fix where a permanent fix is required and charge the customer both the times! its jus appalling!

Such entities need to be reported!

I agree on the name of the garage being mentioned. At the same time respect the business interest and ethics. Hope we can bring the name out some way or the other....others need to made aware of their actions...
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i've heard alot of similar stories in this lovely country... what makes it worse is that when you complain to a reputable body they don't assist u

Comment

I’m really disappointed to hear such things...and I’m with the guys regarding the garage name, and also she not suppose to be silent even if the issue solved 100% & the ppl who responsible to run the garage must be punished legally or someone somehow talk to the owner coz most of the times they don’t know what’s going on.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

WTF!!!

do that to me and you'll wish you were never born!

:spank:

Comment

Originally posted by cubix View Post
                        WTF!!!

do that to me and you'll wish you were never born!
                        Calm down Tiger :D

Comment

I'd go to the police.

Comment

Holy C***, now that's something to look out for. What desperation for money do those people have!! Utterly shameful!

Past Ride: E39 530i
                            Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                            Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

It's unfortunate when these things happen, that's why I prefer paying top $$$ and go to a reputed shop than having to go to something dodgy, although that specific shop is quite reputed...

Comment

Working...
                              X