Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Issue :D

For A/C experts:

I checked my compressor, it is in good condition, I added full gas inside plus cleaning pipes, the problem when turn AC on for first time, it gives very cold air, but after around 30 mints, compressor disconnects (the air similar to fan air) and never connects again, sometimes when I click on compressor button (fan/compressor) it connects, or when I close the car for a while then turn it on.

I have checked the gas after that problem and found it FULL, no leak! Car fan working perfect! It's really strange issue, do you agree? :D

Can you guess what might be the reason?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
    For A/C experts:

I checked my compressor, it is in good condition, I added full gas inside plus cleaning pipes, the problem when turn AC on for first time, it gives very cold air, but after around 30 mints, compressor disconnects (the air similar to fan air) and never connect again, sometimes when I click on compressor button (fan/compressor) it connects, or when I close the car for a while then turn it on.

I have checked the gas after that problem and found it's FULL, no leak! Car fan working perfect! It's really strange issue, do you agree? :D

Can you guess what might be the reason?

Thanks.
    Bisho my friend there could be many reasons check below? Anything can look good on the outside ! its whats inside that counts!!!!!!!!!!! (compressor)

1.make sure your AUX fan is working,if its not working the system will over pressurise and cut of the power to the compressor for safety reasons! Change AUX fan .

2.Not enough gas or to much gas! check the green lable under your hood!

3.Faulty AC gas pressure switch! check with GT1.

4.External tempreture sensor damaged.If so you it will show -50 deg on your cluster..

5. AC compressor its self.check the vacuum and pressure with the aid of AC machine.

6.A GT1 check will tell you if its your AC control panel faulty.

Hope this helps or drop me a call **********.
    Last edited by Shak; 11-03-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Since you mentioned the 'compressor disconnects', looks like its related to some kind of electrical fault.. Its a minor issue

Comment

is that a happy smiley in ur subject Bisho ? I thought u r annoyed

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

nothing to add more than what Shak said ...

it's long diagnostic procedure .. keep us updated ... and good luck sorting it out soon as the summer is on the door

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            Since you mentioned the 'compressor disconnects', looks like its related to some kind of electrical fault.. Its a minor issue
            Thanks for the hints Ali. Yes I strongly guess the same but maybe the compressor seems to be disconnected when the air is like fan air, I mean maybe the compressor is working but with gas blocking from one of the pipes? Actually the cold air decreases until it becomes like fan air, i.e. Cold air does not stop in sudden action!

Originally posted by Stratus650 View Post
            is that a happy smiley in ur subject Bisho ? I thought u r annoyed
            hahahaha, no actually I will never get annoyed in this life, always I am relax, nothing deserve my bro :D:D

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
            nothing to add more than what Shak said ...

it's long diagnostic procedure .. keep us updated ... and good luck sorting it out soon as the summer is on the door
            Thanks for supporting always.. Yes I am lucky to have this problem before the summer :D I will post the reasons when solving this problem ensha Allah.

Comment

Hey bros,

The problem has been SOLVED

Just for your kind information to be aware of what has been done, I found that the old compressor is not working at all, then I installed another compressor (used one for 2006 damaged 530i), then:

1. The replaced compressor was working perfect for first 30 mints, then it disconnects and never connects again as I mentioned in my first post (the main problem).

2. A fast cleaning was done for some pipes, but also after filling gas again, it was so cold, then disconnects!!

3. Last trial, it has been found that the condenser is totally dirty (because the old compressor was broken from inside), the expansion valve blocked and the new bought filter became again dirty, so a hard work has been done - More than 4 hours - the condenser has been cleaned totally, replaced the expansion valve and replaced the filter again, then tried, same what happened in 1 & 2

4. Finally, according to results we got, we concluded that there is bug in this compressor that it does not give pressure after 30 mints, then directly the gas has been removed and I bought new compressor and installed it and now I am freezing inside the car thanks god!!! :D

Honestly, it was my mistake, I thought that the original used compressor will work perfect as the new one, and really I never installed used or non branded BMW items!!! I do not know why I did that this time!!! I deserve all that as a good lession not to repeat it again :D

Hope you will not face such issue.

Comment

Congrats, thats a good news Bisho :clap:

Make sure the blanket is always in the car :P

Comment

Hahaha, do not worry Ali, it is always there : P

Comment

Just small advise for you bisho and everyone else who post a help on this forum .. because this is not the first post for you with problem , and at the end you come back and say a solution which is a way far from what was your problem .

" make sure you provide some technical job history so people can understand and provide a proper support " ,, because in your case , you didn't mention that you had your compressor replaced and it was used one from scraps...

what you've done or basically not you but the workshop , anyone in sharjah who doesn't know BMW can easily do this ,, replacing parts is the easiest and fast way ever .. but diagnostics is the most difficult part .. and starting from zero is even more difficult than just start from where u stopped last time ..

anyway , glad you sort it out ..

Comment

Hey bros,

The problem has been SOLVED

Just for your kind information to be aware of what has been done, I found that the old compressor is not working at all, then I installed another compressor (used one for 2006 damaged 530i), then:

1. The replaced compressor was working perfect for first 30 mints, then it disconnects and never connects again as I mentioned in my first post (the main problem).

2. A fast cleaning was done for some pipes, but also after filling gas again, it was so cold, then disconnects!!

3. Last trial, it has been found that the condenser is totally dirty (because the old compressor was broken from inside), the expansion valve blocked and the new bought filter became again dirty, so a hard work has been done - More than 4 hours - the condenser has been cleaned totally, replaced the expansion valve and replaced the filter again, then tried, same what happened in 1 & 2

4. Finally, according to results we got, we concluded that there is bug in this compressor that it does not give pressure after 30 mints, then directly the gas has been removed and I bought new compressor and installed it and now I am freezing inside the car thanks god!!! :D

Honestly, it was my mistake, I thought that the original used compressor will work perfect as the new one, and really I never installed used or non branded BMW items!!! I do not know why I did that this time!!! I deserve all that as a good lession not to repeat it again :D

Hope you will not face such issue.
                      Bisho my friend next time please give us the true facts !!!! used parts etc etc!

And by the way you do NOT CLEAN CONDENSERS at any costs! it should be replaced if its blocked.

Once you disconnect the condenser from the system the drier bottle is prone to moisture hence it will damage the liquid gel in the dryer bottle and by cleaning the condenser it does even further damage!!!!

How long was the condenser left disconnected ? more than 4 to 6 minutes will damage the gel in the drier bottle.

What did they use to clean the condensor ? hope it was not petrol!!

This is not a good example for asking the forum for technical advice without the true facts!

Advice given the rest is up to my friend!
                      Last edited by Shak; 15-03-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Guys, if I know that the used compressor will not work with a percentage of 1%, I will not install it!! I though it's like brand new one!

Also, even if I install new compressor, without cleaning, the A/C will not give proper results!

Comment

Bisho..maybe it was so clean from outside but in the end its used! and u must expect that it will not work at all...even it ll not give any pressure which is already happened in ur case. anyway....happy to hear it solved
                          BTW how they clean the condensers?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Actually why I supposed it is working, because it gave very cold air!!! but after 30 mints the cold air starts decreasing until becames like fan (as mentioned above)... Yes everything cleaned, everything removed and installed again too much work done! Now my AC better than japanese cars thanks god!!

Comment

Guys, if I know that the used compressor will not work with a percentage of 1%, I will not install it!! I though it's like brand new one!

Also, even if I install new compressor, without cleaning, the A/C will not give proper results!
                              Bisho my friend you missing my point !

You failed to mention that you fitted a used Compressor.

Comment

Working...
                              X