• Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade engine 330ci

hi

how can i upgrade my 330ci 2002?
    any suggestion please?
    thanks

and how much are you willing to spend? it depends onyour budget. you can pick up a supercharger for these cars for cheap now. previously they used to cost an arm and leg.

are you looking for power or handling? or both?

Comment

+1 ^

what's ur target & budget?

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

How cheap is cheap?

Also, are there any LSDs for the 330?

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Of course, you could also look at getting a set of KW v2 or v3 to improve handling, and better brakes to stop. Not like the 330 is down on power

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

i think ,at the moment it has 231hp, looking for more power and handling as well. i dont know how much cost and if its worth it?
            what do u think, cost ,and any suggestions?
            thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
              How cheap is cheap?

Also, are there any LSDs for the 330?
              Average $6k.. i was quoted 9k for the stage3 Gpower SCer 2 years ago including fitting charges and warranty. things might have changed now...

Comment

after spent 6k$ what power will be, and this cost is including supercharged ,,,?
                thanks

Comment

minimum 100 extra HPs

this is for $5k
                  http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/tur...28_and_330.htm

go on youtube... and search for "VF" or "ESS" or "dinan bmw 330"

Comment

thanks bruno.

Comment

also other problem, who is gonna fix it in uae? do u know any work shop able to do good job if you spend that kind money?
                      thanks

Comment

supercharging an auto is not a great idea :read: those who tried it had mixed results.. stage 2 would give over 100hp but i've heard stories about the auto gear not being able to handle the torque, others experienced slipping etc.. also what is the mileage on your car? a S/C or any other method that gets considerable power gains would reduce the lifetime of your engine..

if you calculate all the costs including suspension & brakes (a must), you'd be better selling your 330 & picking up a used E46 M3 or E39 M5 :msolved:

otherwise, if you want it as a project car & you have another car for daily use, i'd love to watch your car evolve into a beast :bow:

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Unless your car's a manual, keep it as it is. Chip it and you're about done.... (engine wise)

The guys' notion of picking up an all-better M3 sounds reasonable, and cheaper. From there, it's a whole different world of choices and routes performance wise.

Comment

Working...
                          X