Change front brake pads only or....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change front brake pads only or....?

So i somehow squeezed my phone through the BBS spokes and snapped few pics of the front and rear pads to check on them. my rear pads looked fine. However the ones in front were had like 20% left. it can keep me going for a month max... the front pads where changed in feb 14th and the rear ones were changed during the first week of april.

i need new front pads for sure... should i upgrade the braking system into CSLs while I’m at it or shall i go with upgraded pads only and call it a day? I don’t mind upgrading into a BBK since I have a good deal on them?

Front Brake pads

Rear brake pads

I would ofcourse go with the CSL upgrade, still OEM. And parts are available through the dealer.

But, BBK's offer more options.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Just HOW did you manage to squeeze your hand in there????

CSL upgrade, it's BMW's BBK at half the price of aftermarket..

Comment

i was and still am trying to find a reason to upgrade the braking system. i guess i will get oem pads for the front and wait on the rotors to die... i read somewhere that these rotors are bulletproof :(

Comment

no more mod's and just sell it to me:D
          2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Well......... CSL upgrade will be great and good enough for ur perpose. However, you cant ignore what a BBK can offer (bare in mind he has a good deal)

CSL is still OEM and you can source the parts easily, but the BBK ull be ordering the Pads + rotors everytime ur gonna change them (i.e Hawk HP+)

Bruno u should break it down since both kits r great and perform well for the redline challange and track days...

CSL OEM:
            1. Pads
            2. Carriers
            3. Rotors

and ull be adding the cost of SS brake lines + a Dot 5 fluid (i.e AP RACING 5.1)

BBK (the kit u sent me the spec.)

Every thing (REAR + FRONT)

1. Calipers
            2. Rotors
            3. Pads
            4. SS brake lines + Fluid

and couple other things........

See which one is better priced and if the BBK is (Slightly) higher in price ill get it.........Just slightly higher :)
            sigpic
            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
            Falcons Garage
            Carbotech

Comment

CSL if you ask me, bang for the buck; can't beat it :)

What you seek in BBKs is increased heat dissipation capability and faster caliper "bite". CSL checks fine! (CSL calipers are 4 pot, right?)

Comment

Working...
              X