Junk Yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Yard

hey guys, honestly had no idea where to post this one, nor could i find any previous thread like this.

i was wondering where in Dubai or Sharjah there would be a junkyard that would have used parts of bmws.

im mainly looking for a radio for bmw x5 08 since the one i currently have is US specced, i was hoping to find one from a gcc speced x5.

Thanks

slim

There are plenty of them in Sharjah, I'm sure the other guys here will give you locations and numbers. BTW, they call them scrap yards over here or just scrap.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

cool man thanks alot for your reply. appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by slimsim View Post
        hey guys, honestly had no idea where to post this one, nor could i find any previous thread like this.

i was wondering where in Dubai or Sharjah there would be a junkyard that would have used parts of bmws.

im mainly looking for a radio for bmw x5 08 since the one i currently have is US specced, i was hoping to find one from a gcc speced x5.

Thanks

slim
        Is your x5 E53 or E70 ?

You should be able to re-code the radio to gcc spec!
        With the aid of SSS (software service station).
        Has your car got rear entertainment pack (headrest monitors and a dvd player)
        If it has then it can be done by programming the whole car to region 2 dvd system wich will recode your radio to gcc spec?

Drop me a call **********

Shak
        Last edited by Shak; 08-03-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

There is a way to fix it without changing the radio

Comment

shak is king :D

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Sorry for offtop
              Where can I find short front springs for E36?
              They are usually in red color.

Rides:
              BMW E93 325i 2008 - Current
              BMW E92 M3 2012 - Current
              BMW S1000RR 2013 - Current

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

^^ Buy them new...H&R or Eibach.

Agreed as Shak suggested, no need to replace the unit itself since it's the same hardware. Software can always be cracked.

Comment

I say drop Shak a call, he is a wiz when it comes to such stuff....and more
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

so using the SSS u will just hack the radio software to make it tune in all frequencies? lol if yes then ill see u tommorow

Comment

am kinda having the same problem ! my car is a bmw E46 its a gcc but the original radio was faulted and i changed it with a japaness one, any way i can fix the origianl or atleast crack this 1 to make it get all the stations ?

thx in advance

Comment

just call shak on the number he posted :D

ohhhh & why not take a minute to introduce yourself in the new members sections :)

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
                          am kinda having the same problem ! my car is a bmw E46 its a gcc but the original radio was faulted and i changed it with a japaness one, any way i can fix the origianl or atleast crack this 1 to make it get all the stations ?

thx in advance
                          Your is very simple to adjust!!
                          Read my post on "How to enter radio service mode"

Comment

first of all sry i didnt introduce myself in this fourm, i will do it soon inshallah :D

2nd, my friend shak, i read ur post about "how to enter radio service mode"

but i still cant get to the service mode.

i would appreciate ur help :) and hopefully i will learn alot from u guys about BMW's !

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
                              first of all sry i didnt introduce myself in this fourm, i will do it soon inshallah :D

2nd, my friend shak, i read ur post about "how to enter radio service mode"

but i still cant get to the service mode.

i would appreciate ur help :) and hopefully i will learn alot from u guys about BMW's !
                              I need some information regarding your Audio system ?

Has it got navigation ?
                              Has it got wide screen or square screen etc etc ?
                              If not to sure drop me a call ********** and I will help you change the country code for your radio?

Shak

Comment

Working...
                              X