E60 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E60 Questions

This might be a bit of a silly question - but I'm going to ask anyway.

I've seen a few 2008 E60 530i SE over the last few weeks and I'm lucky enough to have a cousin who owns a showroom in Dubai so he's helping me out in my search. Most of the cars I’ve seen have the 16:9 screen (i think this is the MKIV??) but none of them seem to have the TV function. Now it's not that important, and I’m not going to pass up a good deal if it hasn't got the TV option, but i was wondering if it was possible to add the TV function easily to the iDrive? I’m guessing it'll need a tuner of some sort - has anybody done this before? Like I said, not really that important, but i think it's a nice thing to have.

Also I’ve found that most of the cars have no Navigation DVD - why is that? It's like they've removed the DVD from the drive - If you’re selling the car do you really need to keep the Navigation DVD?

hi sajy!
    indeed 16:9 or full screen is not a big deal! here's my ? to u though r u lookin for a TV enabled drive or a DVD movie reader?
    coz on my opinion TV over here isnt a big thing regarding the channels u'll end up havin but if u wont ur drive to read movies theres a jump box that fits the idrive itself and enables it to read dvd movies (htttp is add the end of the post)
    Now regarding the nav dvd i had the same disappointing issue when i bought my ride.As the dvds r very expensive i guess peopl wanna keep theirs even if they sell the car but thats not a big issue coz u'll easily find ur way to the latest version on this forum.
    I hope i helped u a bit! drive safe and hav fun :)
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=250883&page=6
    there's a diy vid on this add as well if u wanna install it urself :)
    sigpic

Comment

Mk4 is only in the old cars ... the new cars with I-Drive is different system .

if you are looking for input to play videos and dvd's on the screen then you need something called Nav2go .

Comment

The TV tuner option was only in cars upto 2003, as far as i remember, i havent seen cars produced after that with TV tuner option.. Correct me if im wrong people..

Comment

mine has one dude ;) ... but it's useless man ,,,

Comment

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
            hi sajy!
            indeed 16:9 or full screen is not a big deal! here's my ? to u though r u lookin for a TV enabled drive or a DVD movie reader?
            coz on my opinion TV over here isnt a big thing regarding the channels u'll end up havin but if u wont ur drive to read movies theres a jump box that fits the idrive itself and enables it to read dvd movies (htttp is add the end of the post)
            Now regarding the nav dvd i had the same disappointing issue when i bought my ride.As the dvds r very expensive i guess peopl wanna keep theirs even if they sell the car but thats not a big issue coz u'll easily find ur way to the latest version on this forum.
            I hope i helped u a bit! drive safe and hav fun :)
            http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=250883&page=6
            there's a diy vid on this add as well if u wanna install it urself :)
            I think your right - you won't get much from a TV here anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X